Tonneau Cover

hemi killer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought back my 05 RC in Black and am looking to put a tonneau cover on it and still keep the wing. I know there are several suggestions out there. WHat kind of experience has everyone had and what you you reccomend?

I like my Checkmate.Be aware though you can`t open it when you modify it for the wing.Not for everybody.I just don`t like the wing mounted on top of the tonneau.

I'm still getting compliments on my LT-Sport/Laserlite cover. The stock two-post wing fits right on with a little keyhole clearance annoyance. LT-Sport has had a spotty quality reputation, but meethinks they're cleaning up their act. :rock:

Take a look at www.peragon.com. I bought one and am pleased with it. For the price you can't beat it. It does take some minor modification to get it to fit under the wing but if I can do it anyone can. It's also a bit of a puzzle to assemble but the instructions are good. It folds forward (accordian style) toward the front of the bed. There is a video on their web site. BigDave

Depends on wether you want a soft or hard one. I have the Truxedo Lo-Pro. Probably one of the least expensive ones out there. Fits great under the wing, but you do have to remove the wing in order to roll up the cover. ;)

LT Extreme Flat

132773167.jpg

The gaylord speedster that some fellas on here have is awesome, but I don't think a wing would look good on it.

The Retrax was the best option for me. It comes from the factory pre-cut to fit around the wing, and can be rolled up without removing the wing. It looks good too!

My only b!tch is that it has a tendency to get wavy in the hot sun.

Originally I wanted a soft tonneau, but the only one I found could not be rolled up without removing the wing, and it sits about 1" higher than the bed rails.

The Retrax looks a bit slicker than the soft covers too, IMO.

I went with the checkerpro soft one. Had to shim the wing up a quarter of an inch.......no biggy. Cannot rollup but the entire piece can be unbolted off of the bed and taken off in one piece. Paid like $160 or so. Had it two years and still looks new.

patrick

Last edited:
from time to time you will see a factory cover with wing on Ebay.....that is the best bet....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back