Radiator Petcock Help!

walenator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to change my T stat and turned the radiator petcock till I had fluid coming out now it doesn't tighten up. Any trick to this?

walenator said:
Went to change my T stat and turned the radiator petcock till I had fluid coming out now it doesn't tighten up. Any trick to this?

Maybe some debris stuck in it?

Try pushing it in and turning at same time.

unfortunately, you've had the same thing happen to you that happened to me..... hopefully, the nut hasn't popped off the back yet (you'd be holding the drain plug), if so - you may have to pull the radiator to retrieve it...... if it hasn't, pull out slightly & turn closed as you go to see if it will tighten...... too much pull & the nut will pop off.... be careful.....

randy

Got it!:elefant: Put the truck on ramps to get at that plug better. Had to pull very hard while rocking it to the right and it finally tightened. What a piece of crap for a drain. I went into panic mode last night thinking the damn thing broke. Thanks Randy (moparracing) for your unfortunate knowledge on this subject. The T stat went in and I'm running cooler. Thanks you guys for all your advice. Walter

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back