intake bolts

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what tool is needed to get the proper torque on the intake bolts...It sure does not look like a conventional torque wrench will work....:dontknow:

VIPR PWR said:
what tool is needed to get the proper torque on the intake bolts...It sure does not look like a conventional torque wrench will work....:dontknow:

I know I will get blasted for this, but I dont use one:D I can look , but I think trq specs is like 7lbs? but I usually get them snug, then 1/4 turn, but be careful they strip easy:D :D

but if you go by sears I think they have a small trq wrenc that goes below 10lbs

The intake torque is Nm 11 or 95 inch pounds (not ft.pounds):D :D

Just need an inch lb torque wrench, torque values that small should not be done with a Ft.Lb Torque wrench. The wrench is available at Harbour Frieght and most auto stores.Make sure you get a wobble head socket also, makes that one nasty bolt easier to get to.

Last edited:
That was my next question hahahaha

Here is the tightening sequence

Attachments

• 12-02-2008 01;25;13PM.jpg
    12-02-2008 01;25;13PM.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 12-02-2008 01;26;22PM.jpg
    12-02-2008 01;26;22PM.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 102
Thanks Wifey perfect info --oh yes and thanks to you to Tony:)

VIPR PWR said:
Thanks Wifey perfect info --oh yes and thanks to you to Tony:)

You are welcome sir :D :D :D :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Earl been rebuilding a new rental property for Sandy---and since last wed. recovering from throwing out my back....Luckily I still have some Vioxx and bummed some percocets from a friend...

Good to see you Jim
Take care of that back and get that thing powder coated while its off!

Thanks James....I am going to try to relocate the coil packs when I change the plug wires ---just need to find a way/ place to mount it that looks good...Everything going good with you guys?

Colder than hell but with Direct TV I am ok....still seeing the Bucs!
Are you going to have the intake manifold powdered?

Possibly ---but my main reason for doing the removal is the plug wires and I only want to do intake removal 1 time , hence finding a way to relocate the coil packs...

I have never done it obviously but what does the gasket under there look like. I have down time and would love to send mine off for paint but without help I am a bit nervous pulling it off. I imagine wires and coil packs would be a good idea if I go for it

James scroll up and see the pics Wifey posted.....do you have a copy of the service manual cd....you need to get one....if I could find mine I could send you a copy...if not check with brat or others...

VIPR PWR said:
Possibly ---but my main reason for doing the removal is the plug wires and I only want to do intake removal 1 time , hence finding a way to relocate the coil packs...

Look at the new Viper Engine, the coils are not under the intake, maybe some of that setup will work( the coils are on top the valve covers with a cover over them)

Attachments

• 08_ext_viper_phtgal_14.jpg
    08_ext_viper_phtgal_14.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 44
Thanks includemeout----That just may be the ticket i'm looking for....:rock: :rock: :rock:

VIPR PWR said:
Thanks includemeout----That just may be the ticket i'm looking for....:rock: :rock: :rock:

Just don't let Stinker do the mod, he will want to glue the coils on with Sheep Glue :D :D :D ;) :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

hahaha i'll bet he would

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back