New Owner... first mods done

C_Harris said:
I've been lurking for a while around here reading some info when I have time. Defintiely some good information on here.

I just finished installing the Roe racing clutch hydraulic upgrade kit with a McLeod street twin disk. There were some questions about whether or not the Roe kit would operate the Twin disk... and the answer I found is yes. I'm on day three with the clutch and and enjoying it so far.

I also installed the B&M shifter at the same time with some Redline gear oil in the transmission.

All together the truck has changed quite a bit. I"m certainly happier with the whole deal than stock. It is definitely noisier... but not obnoxiously so. Just a lot "racier" :)

hows the engaigement? is it like most race clutches rough as hell? i should have mine back next week and ill be breaking in my mcleod also. just wanting to know what to expect.

oh yeah! welcome

Thanks for all the welcomes!

The truck is silver with black powder coated wheels. It also has what looks like a 2/3 drop. It was already installed when I got it. Also the truck is debadged except for the ones on the scoop. No pics yet... truck always seems to be dirty in the NW Washington rain here!

The clutch engagement isn't too bad. Not as nice as stock... but not too bad. I don't hate it and it is much better than my centerforce on my old 1949 ford coupe with a 455 buick and muncie. You certainly don't slip this one much at all. It really likes to just be let out. I had to forget some bad habits the stocker used to let me get away with. I've already got about 225 miles on it and its mostly short trips around town.

While I was swapping the clutch I started to take down the cat pipes... Who designed the "retainers" on those manifold bolts? Two of them just wadded up and I had to wrench them out with pliers. I had never seen a sheetmetal part like that on anything as hot as exhaust (other than a heatshield). I ended up aborting that operation for now. I'll hit it again later on down the line. I just didn't feel like opening a big can of worms when I was on a tight schedule! I do want those second cats out though!

Welcome aboard,
Yeah those exhaust bolts can be a real p.i.t.a.,I've tried installing new replacement bolts and retainer nuts and they were worse than the originals.
I now just use bolts and never have a problem..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back