Mopar iPod Adaptor Install and Review

Dominick572

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just Got The Mopar iPod Integrator. When Purchasing The Kit Also Get The Extention For The Modular. The Easiest Way I Could See Mounting Everything Is What I Have Pictures Of. There Isnt Much Room Behind The Dashbord Thats For Sure. Entire Process Took About 2 Hrs Including Looking For Easier Ways To Run The Lines And Places To Mount Every Thing. All In All Its Pretty Easy To Install And Works Great For Around 200 Bucks If You Ask Me. Where I Drilled My One Hole To Connect To The iPod You Cannot See At All Which Is Also Nice.

Love This Thing So Far Stereo Displays Artist And Song Title. I Can Use My Steering Wheel Controls To Scroll Between What I Want To Listen To. The Only Pain In The Butt I Have Right Now Is I Have To Push Button Number 2 To Switch Between Bands. Meaning I Push That Button Then On The Steering Wheel I Can Scroll And Select And Keep Scaning Through That Same Band. If I Want To Change Bands I Have To Push Button Number 2. Definetly Well Worth The Money Though My 4 Gig iPod Nano Is Almost Full I Had 200 Cds Sitting In My Truck, Not Anymore. Sound Quality Is Great Just Like A CD.

You Will Also Need A Drill To Make a Hole To Locate Where You Plug Your iPod In Like The Way I Ran It. Its Also A Pain In The Butt To Get The Amplifier Screws Off Also, Youll Need A Flexable Bit To Get Those Screws Off.

Remove That Screw Under The Purse Holder.

Pull Dash Straight Out Working You Way Around It Top To Bottom.
Then Unplug All The Plugs To That Dash To Get It Out Of The Way.

Remove The 4 Screws That Hold The Stereo In.

Remove The Two Screws That Hold In The Cover Under The Steering Column.

Pull Straight Out Also On Other Side And Remove.

Now Behind The Stereo You Can See The Main Power and Speaker Harness.
Your Going To Snake Your Wire Through There. Into The Hole You See In The Pic., Not Through That Hole Just Pull It Down. Plug In The Line Into The Back Of The Stereo Next To The Harness. Install The Stereo and Pull All Of The Slack Out Of The Line You Just Ran.

Remove The Alan Bolts And The Shift Knob Pull Them Off And Then Remove This Console. There Is a Plug That Needs To Be Pulled Off That Goes To The DC Plug.

Remove The Two Top Phillips Head Screws Then The Lower Ones Near The Front Of That Storage Compartment. Then You Will Need To Remove The Two Screws On The Amplifier, Which Are A Pain. Then Remove The Amplifier after you unplug it. Your Not Removing That Black Liner You Just Unbolted You Are Only Going To Pull It Up An Inch So You Can Snake Your Wires Through The Carpet Underneath.

The Easiest Way To Snake The Wires Underneath The Carpet Is To Start From The Shifter Hole Back. Your Going To Have To Rest Your Head On The Floor And Lift The Carpet. Youll See Other Wires Running Between The Drivers Seat And Passanger Seat. Once You Get The Plug Over That Line It Glides Down To The Hole In The Storage Compartment. You Must Lift The Carpet Using The Hole In The Storage Compartment To Get The Line To Come Towards You. After Running The First Line Run The White iPod Connector Next To It.

Using A Small Drill Bit Drill A Small Hole In The Corner Of The Console. Work Your Way Up In Sizes Until You Have A Hole Big Enough To Run The iPod Connector Through It.

Reinstall All Screws Including Plugging In The Amplifier And Reinstalling. Then Install The iPod Modular Wherever U'd Like Using The Supplied Velcro.

Reistall All Screws And Time To Play

Last edited:
Good Job brother!!! The pics and the instructions are detailed....but....I'm still gonna have the dealer do it...I might break it!!:D

It was really easy dude, u just need some patience when your snaking the lines thats all, everything litterally pops and screws off.

LOL, how about this IM A PLUMBER the tools u usually see us walking in with is a screwdriver pliers and a sawzall

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Good Job brother!!! The pics and the instructions are detailed....but....I'm still gonna have the dealer do it...I might break it!!:D
That's my plan too. Removing the dash looks scary as hell! Can't wait to get it done.

honestly the dash just pops off try it before you bring it to the dealer. if you have the moolah though its up to u im more of a DIY'er

Hey, what's the part number for the 6 disk changer IPOD kit?? My dealer sucks, they couldn't find their own A@@!!:D

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Hey, what's the part number for the 6 disk changer IPOD kit?? My dealer sucks, they couldn't find their own A@@!!:D
According to: http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/moipinkit.html:
"Supported by the following OEM radios. Check the front of the radio for the 3-digit model code and then the back of the radio for the 10-digit part number.
RBK 05091506AC/AD/AE/AF 05091556AF
RBP 05094468AC
RAH 05161262AA/AB 05094564AB/AC
RBQ 05091507AE 05064038AA/AB
RAZ 05064042AB/AC
RB1 All RB1 Navigation radios

Kit - 82209616AC -Regular price: $175.00Sale price: $147.95
10-10 Wiring extension - 5191195AA Regular price: $30.25 Sale price: $27.95"

Any ideas on how this works with the factory satelite radio option? I'm guess that it plugs into the same port on the radio that the satellite does?

Joe

yes it does plug into that port but there is a port left open on the iPod modulator which i believe is to plug the satelite into it

Great walk through! It helped me out a lot! Got mine today and it took me less than an hour. I chose to run mine into the glove box because I didn't buy the extention, and I didn't like the idea of my Ipod in plain view. There is a nice litte spot right behind the glove that the kit fits nicely into. Zip the wires for neatness, and feed the connector into the glove, and you're good to go. No Drilling! Anyways, thanks again for the detail.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back