pir drag requirements........

Ask Prof where he got his loop. Go to any motorcycle outfitter for a helmet. Or buy one on line from Bell.

I went to the motorcycle shop for my helmet. It run me about $150.

EDIT: Opps I guess I should have looked to see how much the helmet in your link was:eek: I think that is a good price for a helmet.

Last edited:
moparracing said:
driveshaft loops are harder to come by than i though, any ideas ?

i'll check with prof too.
They are not a vendor here,But have you tried Moe's Performance?:D

Yes, Bob Miller has them.

I don't believe that a motorcycle helmet would be an approved helmet for any sanctioned automobile race.

Then someone isn't doing their job! Motorcycle helmets do not meet the fire and heat resistance standards.

moparracing said:
who's bob miller & what does he have ?
links ?

i Think Bob Miller is Bob @ Moesprformance.com...U already have the link....And i think i saw a few people @ PIR running Bike helmets :dontknow: ..

LUISBEE3617 said:
i Think Bob Miller is Bob @ Moesprformance.com...U already have the link....And i think i saw a few people @ PIR running Bike helmets :dontknow: ..

That's the loop I have been running on mine...no drilling at all...just bolt it on and:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

What you need to check on,is the SNELL rating the helmet needs to meet !!!I have a helmet that I have used for some time,with a Snell 95 rating.It no longer meets the specs for NHRA drag racing,but I don't remember off hand what the new rating is !!! And yes,I bought my helmet at a Harley Shop,so I don't know how that cocnlusion came about !!! :dontknow:

If I am not mistaken it is now snell 2000 and yes motorcycle helmets do cover car racing. I race at a track that is pretty picky with safety and I use my SHOEI motorcycle helmet which is DOT and snell 2000 (also a $450 helmet) and I was running 9.70's last year in the 1/4 ( in my car will be much fater this year) and they said that is what is required.

I bought a $50 motorcycle helmet....the track has never physically inspected it. As long as I have a helmet on they give the thumbs up. This is the 3rd year I have had to use it.

TNVIPER said:
I bought a $50 motorcycle helmet....the track has never physically inspected it. As long as I have a helmet on they give the thumbs up. This is the 3rd year I have had to use it.

Yea , they don't do a really good physically check out here either (PIR), They do jst the basic, Batterie , brakes , seat belt, nothing on the back of truck (bed) and well about helmets.. i'll let u borrow one of my helmets? :D ..I got 2 :dontknow: :D :D

LUISBEE3617 said:
Yea , they don't do a really good physically check out here either (PIR), They do jst the basic, Batterie , brakes , seat belt, nothing on the back of truck (bed) and well about helmets.. i'll let u borrow one of my helmets? :D ..I got 2 :dontknow: :D :D

They actually inspect your vehicle?...The only thing the tech's inspect at Bristol is the signature line on the registation form to make sure you signed it....takes about 20 seconds to get thru tech..

BTW Luis...and excuse my rudeness to this thread's owner...I see you might want a 6.1 cam...I have a used one I would sell cheap..has about 7K miles on it..

TNVIPER said:
They actually inspect your vehicle?...The only thing the tech's inspect at Bristol is the signature line on the registation form to make sure you signed it....takes about 20 seconds to get thru tech..

BTW Luis...and excuse my rudeness to this thread's owner...I see you might want a 6.1 cam...I have a used one I would sell cheap..has about 7K miles on it..

Yea but it only takes about 2 mins.or depends who is inspecting the truck sometimes he jst walk around the truck and says "UR signature here and have fun" and thats it ...

PM about the cam! I gotta go to work but i'll respond to ya later on 2day k?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back