Ported Throttle Body

FSTJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Red Truck is going to DC Thursday so Chris Jensen can do a custom tune on it.
I have been thinking about this since I talked to Tony Sawyer (Stinker) and he ported the throttle body on Joann's truck, he emailed me some pics. He said there was a definate improvement in response and power.
Well this needs to be done before the tune is done, so I field stripped, and attacked it today.
I am thinking about port matching the intake manifold also, but I am not sure if I will have time. This also needs to be done before the tune. I would really like to do this before the tune is done, as it will change things once it is tuned. __________________

Attachments

• Ported Throttle Body SRT10 003.jpg
    Ported Throttle Body SRT10 003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,428
  • Ported Throttle Body SRT10 002.jpg
    Ported Throttle Body SRT10 002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 482
FSTJACK said:
The Red Truck is going to DC Thursday so Chris Jensen can do a custom tune on it.
I have been thinking about this since I talked to Tony Sawyer (Stinker) and he ported the throttle body on Joann's truck, he emailed me some pics. He said there was a definate improvement in response and power.
Well this needs to be done before the tune is done, so I field stripped, and attacked it today.
I am thinking about port matching the intake manifold also, but I am not sure if I will have time. This also needs to be done before the tune. I would really like to do this before the tune is done, as it will change things once it is tuned. __________________
Very nice Jack. I saw this in person, And it really opened it up.

J.R.

right on....mine will get Dyno'd on Fri. with a new TB will see if there is anything....:dontknow:

1Fast400 said:
When was the last time you dyno'd the truck mike?

a while....the only changes before we hit the hose will be wires, plugs and the TB....

the plugs did not look good...to much leaded fuel maybe...?

Jack, what all is being done to your truck? I must have missed it somewhere but saw a thread about it being badda$$. Best of luck...and stick it to the quad cab guys from us reg cab guys :)

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Jack, what all is being done to your truck? I must have missed it somewhere but saw a thread about it being badda$$. Best of luck...and stick it to the quad cab guys from us reg cab guys :)

he is talking about his mortal truck...the red one....a ported TB will not make the cut on the Silver truck....:D

Rice Eater said:
how much would one expect to pay to have a TB ported? Can any millworker do it or is it a specialized thing?

It is a specialized thing that has to be done by hand.
If it is not done correctly you can scrap the Throttle Body. I had a High Performance Carburetor and Fuel Injection business for many years and I did a lot of custom work.

I am thinking about doing more of these if anybody is interested. I would not know what to charge. Probably in the $300.00 to $400.00 range.

Mind you just thinking, I am unemployed and I kinda like it that way ! ! !

Dave T(BADVENM) said:

David, I will not be able to stick it to much of anybody with the Red truck. It will have just a few goodies and a tune as it is my daily driver. It is just fun to drive, I love these trucks. It puts a big grin on my face every time I get in it.

The Silver truck will be a major force in the Viper truck world.

Here is a link to the other thread about the Silver truck.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3400

Hey Jack you use a Bridgeport Mill (or something similar) to port the throttle body? I want to so that myself, but I want to know whether I have access to the right equipment. Also do you have to change the butterflys when finished? Thanks.

RedRamRules said:
Hey Jack you use a Bridgeport Mill (or something similar) to port the throttle body? I want to so that myself, but I want to know whether I have access to the right equipment. Also do you have to change the butterflys when finished? Thanks.
Hey Juan get ready to learn how to shift this beast....Sicko's coming to help..You gotta at least beat Sleeper for God's sake:D :p

RedRamRules said:

Nah, he did it by hand with grinder / and other stuff. The section where the butterfly seats is untouched.

-Red

I think I will try it when I have time, port it with a dremel. Hopefully I will have some time soon.

Stinker said:
Hey Juan get ready to learn how to shift this beast....Sicko's coming to help..You gotta at least beat Sleeper for God's sake:D :p
I am definately trying to get the heel-toe thing down, I may need to have you drive while I watch from the passengers seat. The day is almost here :D!!!

RedRamRules said:
I think I will try it when I have time, port it with a dremel. Hopefully I will have some time soon.

I am definately trying to get the heel-toe thing down, I may need to have you drive while I watch from the passengers seat. The day is almost here :D!!!
Look at the quote in your post Bro Hahahaha it says you quoted Stinker for some reason :dontknow: :D :D That's funny, must be Patrick messing with us or sumpin lololololol :star:

TheSickness said:
Look at the quote in your post Bro Hahahaha it says you quoted Stinker for some reason :dontknow: :D :D That's funny, must be Patrick messing with us or sumpin lololololol :star:

Wierd...Great, back to coding :mad:

RedRamRules said:

heel-toe :confused: :dontknow: Is Mikey gonna give you tap dance lessons at Famoso.:confused:

Holy crap I just had a vision MIkey giving lessons.:elefant: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p

Last edited:
UNIBOY said:
heel-toe :confused: :dontknow: Is Mikey gonna give you tap dance lessons at Famoso.:confused:

Holy crap I just had a vision MIkey giving lessons.:elefant: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p
I am giving lessons on tap dancing and I am going to start on your Ass ;) :D

TheSickness said:
I am giving lessons on tap dancing and I am going to start on your Ass ;) :D
That would be like tapping his ass :eek:

RedRamRules said:

A dremel is not the right equipment for this job. If you do not have a lot of experiance doing this you can turn the throttle body into junk.

This is not as easy as it might seem, it take many hours with the correct burrs, disks, grinders, polishers and flappers. And experiance and knowledge on where and how deep to go, the blend angles, what not to touch, etc. These throttle bodies are flowed at idle and if it is not reassembled correctly it creates massive problems with the idle air flow and the TPS reading.

This is truly not a job for someone that does not have a great deal of experiance in air flow porting work and working with base plates and throttle bodies, in how to correctly disassemble and reset up the unit.

FSTJACK said:
A dremel is not the right equipment for this job. If you do not have a lot of experiance doing this you can turn the throttle body into junk.

This is not as easy as it might seem, it take many hours with the correct burrs, disks, grinders, polishers and flappers. And experiance and knowledge on where and how deep to go, the blend angles, what not to touch, etc. These throttle bodies are flowed at idle and if it is not reassembled correctly it creates massive problems with the idle air flow and the TPS reading.

This is truly not a job for someone that does not have a great deal of experiance in air flow porting work and working with base plates and throttle bodies, in how to correctly disassemble and reset up the unit.

So when do I send you the money for my mine?.....:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back