a little help with raptor?

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got raptor shift light yesterday and it look awesome! i hadnt install it yet but i know what to do then i realized that i will need to cut open the black wire that hold three wires inside to have green wires to be long enough to connect with pcm? right? i dont want to mess it up since it is my first time to play with wire.

also i want to make sure which pcm connecter to connect green wire? i saw there is 3, 2 blacks and 1 white, i believe it is blacks but which one? upside or downside?

here is the directions bro

http://www.raptorperformance.com/Dodge/Ramsrt10/ram_srt10.htm

What you will have to do is add a wire to the green wire to run into the engine bay over to the pcm.

from there connect it to one of the coil drivers, jsut splice it in. The directions gives you which wires are the one to connect to , just pick one.

and the connector to connect to us the bottom black connector on thepcm.

ahhh bottom black connector, thanks! but one thing that i am pretty confused with its sentence....what is control #4, #3 and etc? most people said blue/white is right to connect?

What you will do is remove the bottom black connector , and find one of the pins listed, look on the connector and it will have the pin number on it.
check the color o fthe wire to be sure. and splice into that wire.
the control means that is the wire that controls that coil

ok great thank you very much again, also one more question...sorry but i am wondering how can i put the wire to be unable notice inside the dash?

You can do it like fstjack and put it in the a/c vent, or you can mount it on your stock guage pillar and drill a small hole in there where ya mount it an run the wire insdie the pillar

DRamSrt10 said:
ahhh bottom black connector, thanks! but one thing that i am pretty confused with its sentence....what is control #4, #3 and etc? most people said blue/white is right to connect?
To answer your question, the numbers #4, #3 and so on refer which coil. There are 5 coils total. The 'control' means that wire is the circuit that the PCM uses to turn the coil on and off (control circuit). And any one of those 5 wire colors and pin terminals can be used to trigger the light ;)

Dram, dude didnt you see my post with the easy peazy lemon squeezy directions complete with pics??????

First go to home depot or similar and get yourself some tap splices. Then follow the dirctions in the pics, its very simple. I did not add any wire, I chose to cut the the black plastic away from the three wires.

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2524&highlight=RAPTOR

patrick

DRamSrt10 said:
mauisrt10, thanks for these link! now i understand very cleary also there is one problem i have been look for one electric connector but i dont know what it is called but i will show the pic that u have post a pic in your link so u can tell what it called and where to find

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2068&d=1115350924

Yes you need two tap splices and a way to attach the ground to something on the frame. Just take your raptor to home depot and ask somebody to help you get the proper size tap splice for the wire size.....I forget the gauge. Also buy some sort of clip to attach the ground. Just look at what the pic uses then find something similar at the store. They are not pricey either.

Let us know how it goes.

patrick

ok thanks i did get 2 tap splices they said the size is 18-22 which is red, is that correct? well i did bought it

THANK MAUISRT10 AND EVERYONE! i just installed it in and it led light come on each 2000 and it work perfect! :rock: thanks y'all!! thanks mauisrt10 for these awesome link with pics examples!

no problem, i will need to buy a screw and attach it on dashboard then post some pics. at first i was thinking abt drill a hole near to pillar gauge but i dont want to ruin the pillar pod so i decided to attach it on dash board next to gauge pillar

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back