Subwoofer

kyle's srt10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys have problems with the mesh around the factory sub vibrating?
Gets really annoying.:mad: Whats the best way to fix it?

kyle's srt10 said:
Any of you guys have problems with the mesh around the factory sub vibrating?
Gets really annoying.:mad: Whats the best way to fix it?

Don't worry about it....by the time your MOD'S are done.....you'll never turn the stereo on again.

I filled my sub box with pink insl., that really helped the sound. There was a thread a long time ago about it.

WAZZSUP said:
Don't worry about it....by the time your MOD'S are done.....you'll never turn the stereo on again.

I filled my sub box with pink insl., that really helped the sound. There was a thread a long time ago about it.

Thanks! I just wanted to hear some suggestions from some of you guys.

This is a quick fix mod (By Iltmprd)......Fold a magazine in half and slide it under the sub box towards the front...WORKS!!:rock:

i dont know what is wrong with it and i guessing mine dont have any problem yet

Mine didn't rattle until I messed with it. I took the grill off when I put some filler in the box. Ever since then it rattles. Plus I can't tell a difference in the sound with the filler.:mad:

SRT-IZ-4me said:
This is a quick fix mod (By Iltmprd)......Fold a magazine in half and slide it under the sub box towards the front...WORKS!!:rock:

I just tried it and I can't figure out exactly what you are talking about. Can you git a pic for me? I have also heard of putting some a bead of sealer around the inside will help.

Last edited:
FlyingLow said:
Mine didn't rattle until I messed with it. I took the grill off when I put some filler in the box. Ever since then it rattles. Plus I can't tell a difference in the sound with the filler.:mad:
If I remember correctly, I think the grille is indexed and only goes one one way correctly. Check and see if the pin on the grill lines up with the hole in the sub box. I'm just guessing but that could be a cause of the rattle. I filled mine with the insulation and it really made a difference. It made the bass nice and tight. Not rattling as before.

Back