Centric Posi-Quiet Extended Wear brake pads

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after much research & on advice from a member "shade", i decided to give the following pads a try:

for 2005-2006 Model: ram srt-10

Centric Posi-Quiet Extended Wear pads offer a stable friction level across a wide temperature range. Low dust, long pad & rotor life, low noise, w/OE designed shims to reduce pad vibration and squeal. Not a track pad.

63-106-1085 Fronts-$70

63-106-0702 Rears-$40

they can be gotten from:

David Zeckhausen
Owner, Zeckhausen Racing
(973)761-5054

www.zeckhausen.com

these pads eliminated the brake squeak & greatly reduced the brake dust with no difference in braking quality...... i also followed his brake bedding procedure with good results:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

the only issue had was on installing the front pads, they required a little filing to fit properly (easy to do), i've attached a pic showing where i had to file....... this is the same issue that guys who bought the autozone #1085's had...... these pads are twice the cost of what the autozone pads are & less than the ebc pads, but completely solve both issues we all have dealt with.... David Zeckhausen is awesome to deal with too !!!! you won't be disappointed !
:D

Attachments

• D1085.bmp
    203.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I had to file mine down as well, no biggie took an extra 10 minutes per side.

The pads definately work great and next to no dust. I tried his pads on my 300SRT and never looked back.

I was going to try the autozone special but I did on my 04' ram and they tore the rotors to hell and back. Half the cost but half the rotor life.

Glad you like them I do too.

after mentioning the issue with filiing down the front brake pads to get them to fit properly, dave replied with this:

"Randall,

I raised this issue with the president of Centric Parts. He had his guys pull a set of pads off the shelf and test fit them to a set of SRT-10 calipers. They've figured out what needs to be changed and have pulled all their inventory off the shelf and are modifying the backing plates. These should be back on the shelf and fixed by Monday. Future backing plates will be manufactured correctly.

Now, someone needs to get hold of Autozone and see if they'll fix their pads too. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. It was very useful.

Dave"

what a guy !!! i'd buy parts from anyone with this kind of service !!!:D

moparracing said:
after mentioning the issue with filiing down the front brake pads to get them to fit properly, dave replied with this:

"Randall,

I raised this issue with the president of Centric Parts. He had his guys pull a set of pads off the shelf and test fit them to a set of SRT-10 calipers. They've figured out what needs to be changed and have pulled all their inventory off the shelf and are modifying the backing plates. These should be back on the shelf and fixed by Monday. Future backing plates will be manufactured correctly.

Now, someone needs to get hold of Autozone and see if they'll fix their pads too. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. It was very useful.

Dave"

what a guy !!! i'd buy parts from anyone with this kind of service !!!:D

Well, you can't beat that, that is for sure.

I just put a full set on Neighor Bill's 05 RC. I just hit the front ones with a grinder for less than 1 minute each and they slipped right on.;)

moparracing said:
these brake pads are awesome, i wouldn't try to mislead my brothers !!! :D

The dust is a PITA but I sure like the way the OEM pads grip and stop on a dime. Do these pads stop as well as the OEM's or do you give up some braking performance for no dust?

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
The dust is a PITA but I sure like the way the OEM pads grip and stop on a dime. Do these pads stop as well as the OEM's or do you give up some braking performance for no dust?

Thanks!
for patrick -- yes, they do '04's as well......

jr_pro -- for me, it eliminated noise & greatly dust..... i can't tell any braking difference, but others say it is slightly less..... personally, i prefer not sounding like a school bus when i roll up to some hotties.......:D

I think they stop just as hard. The initial grabby feeling goes away with these pads. For me I like that but they do stop just as hard with the same pedal effort as the stockers

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back