JMB CAI DYNO.....Good info

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my N/A motor build I was concerned that my CAI might not be letting in enough air, because my throttle body is ported out and my intake runners are port matched to the heads (which are also ported). Anyway, today I went to PBJ to finish up my tune and I asked Joe to do a pull with the CAI removed to see if it made a difference.

We did back to back to back pulls with a warm motor. When we removed the CAI for the second pull, THE TRUCK LOST 1 HP. Hooked it back up and the truck got the 1 hp back. :dontknow:

For the doubters the inevitibly show up in these threads I will say that I have no reason to post anything other than just what happened. If it would have shown more hp with it off, I would still be on here posting the honest results. The dyno was not messed with or adjusted to show anything different. I know that for certain. I was there helping Joe run the dyno myself. (Joe wouldn't do that anyway).

My hat's off to Justin. Your CAI flows just as well as no CAI. :rock:

Last edited:
Can a dyno really detect a 1hp difference?? :confused:

I would think that with all the different variables that there has to be a small fudge factor in there!!

I am just curious??;)

Marc T said:

I would think that with all the different variables that there has to be a small fudge factor in there!!

I am just curious??;)
Joes dyno prints out the exact numbers by rpm. Lost 1 hp. I don't know how. Just that it did. :D

Marc T said:

I am just curious??;)

Lol, someone could have opened a door or farted to change the air temp. :D

I was at Joes Friday getting a few baseline pulls for my truck(might I mention Joe has to be the nicest guy I have ever met). I pulled 477 lb/ft of torque and 464 hp to the ground on my na close to stock truck. I was pretty happy with the pulls. I hope to have Joe do some mods in the near future.

Thanks for the 411.. I am going with Justins CAI this week.

I wonder how Justins does against the OEM with a drop in?

ViperTruck2933 said:
After my N/A motor build I was concerned that my CAI might not be letting in enough air, because my throttle body is ported out and my intake runners are port matched to the heads (which are also ported). Anyway, today I went to PBJ to finish up my tune and I asked Joe to do a pull with the CAI removed to see if it made a difference.

We did back to back to back pulls with a warm motor. When we removed the CAI for the second pull, THE TRUCK LOST 1 HP. Hooked it back up and the truck got the 1 hp back. :dontknow:

For the doubters the inevitibly show up in these threads I will say that I have no reason to post anything other than just what happened. If it would have shown more hp with it off, I would still be on here posting the honest results. The dyno was not messed with or adjusted to show anything different. I know that for certain. I was there helping Joe run the dyno myself. (Joe wouldn't do that anyway).

My hat's off to Justin. Your CAI flows just as well as no CAI. :rock:

Thanks for the info and taking the time to test that out Tim!!
Justin

Deibs said:
Lol, someone could have ...farted...

Ahhhhh Hah!

METHANE injection is the new frontier!

Eat more beans to get more horsepower!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back