1st Shake Down runs in the PBJ N/A beast

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out to Gateway last night. Track conditions weren't very good. 80+ degrees and humid. Lots of guys were running 2-3 tenths slower than earlier in the year. Borrowed neighborBill's M&H 390s and I learned some things.

2800' DA (Density Altitude)

R/T .024
60' 1.86
1/8 8.17
MPH 87.45
1/4 12.57
MPH 111.88

First: I need a line lock. I couldn't do much of a burn out. I was not going to brake stand and blow my spider gears. With a good burn out I should be able to get the 60' down to a 1.7x

Second: I need to figure out my optimum shift points. I bumped the rev limiter in 4th gear for the last 200 feet or so before the traps. Lost some mph and ET from running out of gear.

Third: Time to retire the stock clutch and throw the Centerforce in there. :D The stocker DID hold up but I was real worried about it.

I think the truck has a 11.9x - 12.1x in it. Looking forward to getting back after it with a line lock and Centerforce clutch.:rock:

Last edited:
Heavy! Great runs.

Love the idea of an 11 second n/a truck, engine only...that is strong.

Roy

There is no need for a line lock in a stick car. You should be able to pull into the water and blow the tires off easily. Is the MH a drag radial? If so, you don't need much of a burnout with radials. Good times, at sea level in the fall you could possibly hit the 11's. You HAVE to get that 60' time down to 1.7, that will be your first job. You do that, the ET will drop.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Went out to Gateway last night. Track conditions weren't very good. 80+ degrees and humid. Lots of guys were running 2-3 tenths slower than earlier in the year. Borrowed neighborBill's M&H 390s and I learned some things.

R/T .024
60' 1.86
1/8 8.17
MPH 87.45
1/4 12.57
MPH 111.88

First: I need a line lock. I couldn't do much of a burn out. I was not going to brake stand and blow my spider gears. With a good burn out I should be able to get the 60' down to a 1.7x

Second: I need to figure out my optimum shift points. I bumped the rev limiter in 4th gear for the last 200 feet or so before the traps. Lost some mph and ET from running out of gear.

Third: Time to retire the stock clutch and throw the Centerforce in there. :D The stocker DID hold up but I was real worried about it.

I think the truck has a 11.9x - 12.1x in it. Looking forward to getting back after it with a line lock and Centerforce clutch.:rock:

Good job. :rock:

hehateme said:
There is no need for a line lock in a stick car. You should be able to pull into the water and blow the tires off easily. Is the MH a drag radial? If so, you don't need much of a burnout with radials. Good times, at sea level in the fall you could possibly hit the 11's. You HAVE to get that 60' time down to 1.7, that will be your first job. You do that, the ET will drop.
They are drag radials. I think getting the Centerforce clutch in will help alot with the 60'. I didn't want to launch too hard and smoke the stock clutch. I bogged some leaving at 3000 rpms.

Great first run :rock:

You ran out of gear at 111mph in 4th ? :dontknow: I'm running 4.56's and always have plenty of RPM left at 111mph... Is there that much difference in tire height on those DR's ?

Nice job Tim!! I'm also curious how you ran out of gear in 4th or did you mean 3rd?

Your 1/8 mile time/speed is very similar to what I ran at Bandimere a few weeks ago...denstiy alt 6600 feet. Your 1/4 mile time is faster and mph similar.

good runs....

quick facts....your run at sea level would have been

12.16 at 115.8

115.8 in a 5200lb ride means 537rwhp.....:rock: :rock: :rock:

You just need good air now....

do you have 456 gears? you must cause I have 410's and with a 175 shot I am right at 5,600 RPM's in 4th passing through the traps with that same tire.

Nice Run !

ViperTruck2933 said:

R/T .024
60' 1.86
1/8 8.17
MPH 87.45
1/4 12.57
MPH 111.88

0-60 in 3.85 seconds.......cool

Nowwhat said:
good runs....

quick facts....your run at sea level would have been

12.16 at 115.8

115.8 in a 5200lb ride means 537rwhp.....:rock: :rock: :rock:

You just need good air now....
Excellent....my truck dyno'd at 535 corrected rwhp. Looks like the dyno was spot on. :rock:

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Nice job Tim!! I'm also curious how you ran out of gear in 4th or did you mean 3rd?

Your 1/8 mile time/speed is very similar to what I ran at Bandimere a few weeks ago...denstiy alt 6600 feet. Your 1/4 mile time is faster and mph similar.
Rice Eater said:
do you have 456 gears? you must cause I have 410's and with a 175 shot I am right at 5,600 RPM's in 4th passing through the traps with that same tire.

Nice Run !
4.56 gears and I pegged the limiter in 4th gear. The DR's are 390s which are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches shorter than the stock tires.

My power band is from 3000 to 5800 rpms so I can't run it up to 6000 between shifts. :dontknow:

Holy smoke Tim, your truck is freaking fast now!!!! That was a nice upgrade......how much HP did you pick up from all that work done? You got yourself a nice beast there!!! You will love the new clutch......its huge difference....all that spongy, soft shift feel will be gone.

patrick

I only picked up about 70 PEAK hp. But the big gain was the torque curve. It shoots up over 500 ft pounds by 3400 rpms and stays up over 500 ft pounds all the way past 5800 rpms. :burnout:

I hope you, me, Justin and others can set something up as a get together event sometime this fall. We should have several 11 second trucks, possibly a few in the low 11's?

If so, this event would put me over the top to getting some DR's.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I hope you, me, Justin and others can set something up as a get together event sometime this fall. We should have several 11 second trucks, possibly a few in the low 11's?

If so, this event would put me over the top to getting some DR's.
Come on over and race. You can throw my tires on for a pass or 2.:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back