New? Dodge iPod Integration Kit

DenOfThievz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my Wheel Locks mailorder from a Dodge Parts supplier, and in the box I find this Mopar Accessories/Parts brochure for an "iPod Integration Kit" which boasts being "Plug-N-Play" for select 2005 & 2006 vehicles.

Even better - the iPod is controlled by the steering wheel and radio controls.

Furthermore, it appears that If you have the NAV system, it even displays the song info on the Nav!

Supported Vehicles (according to Brochure):

- Ram :rock:
- Caravan (and Grand)
- Stratus
- Neon
- Town & Country
- Sebring
- Pacifica
- Jeep Liberty
- Jeep Wrangler

- Caravan (and Grand)
- Stratus
- Town & Country
- Sebring
- Pacifica
- Jeep Liberty
- Jeep Wrangler
( But not the Ram?!)

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/jan/08chrysler.html
Over Three Million Chrysler, Jeep & Dodge Automobiles to Support iPod Connectivity in 2006

Pricing and Availability
The optional iPod Integration Kit for Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge model lines will be available to customers for the MSRP of $175 (US) plus installation from authorized dealerships, and will debut this spring. In addition, the solution can be retrofit to many model year 2005 vehicles.

Attachments

• Dodge_Ipod_Integration_Kit.jpg
    Dodge_Ipod_Integration_Kit.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 205
That's cool. Wonder how it will integrate? Says spring, so I am assuming they are already available, might have to check with the dealer today.

The flyer just says to consult the dealer for compatibility with earlier models.

I would think the 2004 Ram SRT-10 radio would be compatible, but you don't know for sure until someone tries it.

well dammit someone make the call :) and let us kwon on a price... i wanna get my sirius satalite hooked up to this thing :)

Blakewilder said:
THe ipod deal would be great...........i use mine thru the FM signal and it sucks.

Ditto...

I just talked to the dealer out here and they say that they are not available for the trucks yet. Now, that probably doesn't mean shit because when I ordered my borla from them I had to give them the part # as that wasn't available yet either according to them! If anyone finds out and gets a part # let us know.

Wyckoff Chrysler On-Line Parts Department has it - $157.50:

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-b...p://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/nsearch.html

From their web page:
Fits the following models:

* 2006 Dodge Minivans, Stratus Sedan, Chrysler Town & Country, Sebring Sedan/Conv., Pacifica, Jeep Liberty, Wrangler
* 2005 Dodge Ram, Minivan, Stratus Sedan, Neon, Chrysler Town & Country, Sebring Sedan/Conv., Pacifica, Jeep Liberty, Wrangler
* Will fit most 2002-2004 vehicles with RAZ radios
* May also fit 2001 and older but the wiring adapter below must also be purchased. You may also need to upgrade your radio to one with the appropriate connector

Supported by the following OEM radios. Check the front of the radio for the 3-digit model code and then the back of the radio for the 10-digit part number.

* RBK 05091506AC/AD/AE/AF 05091556AF
* RBP 05094468AC
* RAH 05161262AA/AB 05094564AB/AC
* RBQ 05091507AE 05064038AA/AB
* RAZ 05064042AB/AC
* RB1 All RB1 Navigation radios

The models 3G and shuffle are only supported through AUX mode.

Email us and we can fax or email you the install instructions for your particular vehicle.

Kits for 300, Charger, Magnum, 2005-2006 Grand Cherokee, Caliber, Commander and 2006 Rams are "in development"!

This kit will work on pre-2006 Dodge Rams with the above radio codes. The kit does not come with instructions for a Ram but should be similar to the instructions included with the kit for other vehicles.

This kit will work on other vehicles and radios but Mopar only tested the above radios. We installed one on a 2002 Jeep Wrangler with an RAZ radio and it is fully functional. We will accept returns on these units if you want to try it on your vehicle. Your radio must have the 10-pin connector next to the main radio connector for it to work.

82209616AC - no further discounts Regular price: $175.00 Sale price: $157.50

10-10 Wiring extension 5191195AA Regular price: $30.25 Sale price: $27.95

Wiring Adapter This wiring adapter will work on "Old Style" radios with the 2 connector set up. Please keep in mind that most "Old Style" radios have the 2-tab style mounting and the RB1 Navigation Radio has 4-corner style mounting. Some adapataion in the mounting is required for most 2000 and older vehicles and some 2001-2002 vehicles.
82207541 Regular price: $26.00 Sale price: $23.40

Last edited:
Now see, this is exactly what I mean. The guy at the dealership out here just told me that they had them for the Chargers, etc. but not for our truck while the exact opposite seems to be true. How tough can it really be to look up these parts? I used to do it all the time for a bunch of vendors, and they only have Mopar to worry about. Idiots!

I use the FM signal iPod transmitter too, but I am of the opinion that it sounds as good as the poor stock sound system that came with the truck...I'm no audiophile, and I have a tin ear...but I think to have good sound we need to start with a better sound system than Dodge has provided...

Prof said:
but I am of the opinion that it sounds as good as the poor stock sound system that came with the truck...I'm no audiophile, and I have a tin ear...but I think to have good sound we need to start with a better sound system than Dodge has provided...
It may not be high-end aftermarket quality, but I wouldn't call it poor either. It's a whole lot better than any other stock truck system I've ever heard.

Better than the bulk of the stock car systems too.

Only one comes to mind right away that I heard recently and blows me away, and it's the stock system that comes in the Acura TL. It has true surround-sound right out of the box, and it even plays DVD-Audio discs too! Even that system has room for improvement, as nearly any stock system will.

I think GM has started offering some premium sound systems that sound really good. DVD-Audio capable, true surround, etc.

Aftermarket choices are always better, but I think objectively speaking that this factory system isn't exactly painful to the ears either. My only "gripe" is the lack of an equalizer, but I can live with it.

DenOfThievz said:
Wyckoff Chrysler On-Line Parts Department has it - $157.50:

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-b...p://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/nsearch.html

From their web page:
Fits the following models:

Supported by the following OEM radios. Check the front of the radio for the 3-digit model code and then the back of the radio for the 10-digit part number.

* RBK 05091506AC/AD/AE/AF 05091556AF
* RBP 05094468AC
* RAH 05161262AA/AB 05094564AB/AC
* RBQ 05091507AE 05064038AA/AB
* RAZ 05064042AB/AC
* RB1 All RB1 Navigation radios

The models 3G and shuffle are only supported through AUX mode.

So has anyone seen if the stock 6 disc in deck changer in the 04's is the right model for this kit to work? Don't have access to my truck right now. Really want to get this!!

UPDATE:
I just purused the 05 Service Manual and this is what I found for the radio and models:

Available radio receivers for this vehicle include:
² AM/FM/cassette with CD changer control feature (RBB sales code)
² AM/FM/cassette/CD/ with CD changer control feature (RAZ sales code)
² AM/FM/CD with CD changer control feature (RBK sales code)
² AM/FM/cassette/CD with CD changer control (RBY sales code)
² AM/FM/multiple CD (RBQ sales code)
² AM/FM/CD with GPS navigation (RB4 sales code)
² AM/FM/cassette/CD (RBY sales code) - export only

So, going on the assumption that the 04's and 05's had the same basic radio options, I would guess that I have the RBQ radio (AM/FM/multiple CD (RBQ sales code). Guess I need to verify the part # then. Just how hard is it to pull the dash?:dontknow:

What have the rest of you come up with?

Stretch

Last edited:
did the mopar ipod adapter install

I just finished installing the ipod integration kit. Here are my observations:

1. The integration with the radio and steering wheel controls is amazing. You baciscally never need to touch the ipod. Also, there is no loss in sound quality. The ipod powers up and down with the truck. The ipod even displays "Dodge" on the lcd when you fire the truck up.

2. I have a 2005 RC with the following head unit: RBQ 05091507AE. My ipod is a Nano. I ordered the kit and the 10-10 extension from Wyckoff Chrysler On-Line Parts Department as described in this thread. Service was good and they processed the order quickly.

3. There are no instructions for installing in the Ram. The instructions that do come with it illustrate installations for other cars. In all cases it instructs you to put the ipod in the glove box. In my opinion, that did not make sense to do on the Ram RC for two reasons. One, it requires drilling a whole in the glove box. Secondly, it seemed to me that the compartment under the center seat (where the amplifier is) was the perfect place for it. So that is where I put it.

4. I do not have satillite radio. Performing this install with satillite radio will be a bit trickier, but not impossible. It might require ordering one or two additional. 10-10 extensions. 5191195AA

5. Again and again my local dealer amazes me. They seem to be the LAST people to ever get information about new parts and services. They sound like total idiots when I call them. They either lie to me or have no clue about what I am talking about. THANK GOD FOR THIS FORUM.

Last edited:
SRT10VENOMOUS said:
what about us 2004s..dammit

Too bad they're not including us '04s. My ////ALPINE head unit is iPod ready with direct connection and with SwiX integration to retain steering wheel audio controls.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back