Alignment With X-Metal Drop Kit

Marc T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me or explain in english exactly what needs to be done to the camber slots to achieve 0 Degrees with this drop.

I remember there being a discussion about drilling/dremeling out the adjustment slot to achieve a correct alignment. I am gonna be replacing the meats soon and I want to get my alignment right before I do. It's not way off but it could be better!!

If anyone has photos I would much appreciate it!!:D :p

How far off is your camber Marc?? I had mine aligned on my QC when installed almost 2 yrs back and my front wheels definately toe in up top... :dontknow:

Craig said:
How far off is your camber Marc?? I had mine aligned on my QC when installed almost 2 yrs back and my front wheels definately toe in up top... :dontknow:

The driver side is OK, the passenger side is off by about 1.4 degrees and won't go any further!!

I never thought anything of mine till discussing it with one of the guys last week.... luckily I have a guy close by who's real good at alignments so maybe I'll stop in and see him!!
Marc T said:
The driver side is OK, the passenger side is off by about 1.4 degrees and won't go any further!!

I don't think all of them are having problems, just a few. I am wondering if maybe my spring is not set right on the passenger side???

Do the springs have to sit in there a certain way?:dontknow:

Could be did you look at it?? I don't think there's much it could get hung up on kinda just fits in one way :dontknow:
Marc T said:
I don't think all of them are having problems, just a few. I am wondering if maybe my spring is not set right on the passenger side???

Do the springs have to sit in there a certain way?:dontknow:

I had the Viper Tech here in Jax install it!! He was ( Hes no longer there) pretty sharp. I don't think he would have missed that, but who knows??

The truck drives great, just a smidgen of a pull to the left, hardly noticable. The tires have always worn even!! The guys at the alignment shop say leave well enough alone??

If the tech was good and the alignment shop guy says your straight i'd leave it be....
Marc T said:
I had the Viper Tech here in Jax install it!! He was ( Hes no longer there) pretty sharp. I don't think he would have missed that, but who knows??

The truck drives great, just a smidgen of a pull to the left, hardly noticable. The tires have always worn even!! The guys at the alignment shop say leave well enough alone??

Craig said:
If the tech was good and the alignment shop guy says your straight i'd leave it be....

The alignment guy says It's a little off but he can't get it any better without having more adjustment. We'll see!!

Marc T said:
Can someone please tell me or explain in english exactly what needs to be done to the camber slots to achieve 0 Degrees with this drop.

I remember there being a discussion about drilling/dremeling out the adjustment slot to achieve a correct alignment. I am gonna be replacing the meats soon and I want to get my alignment right before I do. It's not way off but it could be better!!

If anyone has photos I would much appreciate it!!:D :p

At least one of your adjustment bolts should be up against the end of the slot.Just loosen it (or them,whichever the case may be) take a Dremel or similar tool with a grinding attachment and make the slot longer.About 1/4" should be enough.Reinstall bolt (s) and have it aligned.There is a thread here somewhere giving the specs for best adjustment.

HOT RAM said:
At least one of your adjustment bolts should be up against the end of the slot.Just loosen it (or them,whichever the case may be) take a Dremel or similar tool with a grinding attachment and make the slot longer.About 1/4" should be enough.Reinstall bolt (s) and have it aligned.There is a thread here somewhere giving the specs for best adjustment.

Yea I couldn't find the thread??:dontknow:

General Discussion / HELP with front end alignment /posted by trooper

I bumped it up so it may be easier to find

Its wierd Marc, yours pulls slightly to the left, mine has always favored the right side a smidge.:dontknow:

When doing the drop install I remember you had to put the bottom of the spring in the formed spot or something like that.

patrick

hey Mark, since you lowered it, have you changed the front and rear swaybar endlinks? when i got new / littler endlinks/ it made a big differance in the steering and the ride, got them from J@B PERFORMACE. drives just like the day i got her.

king daddy said:
hey Mark, since you lowered it, have you changed the front and rear swaybar endlinks? when i got new / littler endlinks/ it made a big differance in the steering and the ride, got them from J@B PERFORMACE. drives just like the day i got her.

Yep. had JMB's sway bar links installed right before they did the alignment!!

Also put on new shocks!!

just an idea for everyone that has a firestone store in driving distance...they have a LIFETIME ALIGNMENT deal where you pay $140 one time and you can get the alignment done over and over again and never pay for it again...

Marc T said:
Here is my last alignment, what do you guys think?

you can have a little negative camber, that is good for handling. i see you have 1.5 negative but you are positve on the other side. they need to be the same and err more to the negative side. they will need to elongate the slots for the upper arm bolts, usually 1/8" so the a-arm can be pulled "out" to bring the top of the tire towards the outside of the vehicle.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back