Americas Strongest Man now #4 in the World!

lbstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back form 10 days over in Guemsan, Korea and the Strongman World Championship. I had two days of Semi finals where I won my heat and qualified for the final which was held on Sept. 14th and 15th. I held my own and after the first day of competition I was holding at 2nd place overall. Day two of competing had me still in 2nd place after three events and only three points out of the top spot! A mishap on the last event caused an injury to my right hand and dropped me to 6th place in the final event and 4th place total from 2nd! All in all it was a good performance but I played it too safe on day two and it cost me! There's some more info on these links http://www.americanstrongman.org/articles/detail.asp?ArtID=242 http://www.americanstrongman.org/ http://www.ifsastrongman.com/

I did however earn the title of undisputed Worlds Strongest Police Officer as their is only one other Officer in both Strongman Federations that competes at this high of a level. Andrus Murumets from Estonia previously held the title by placing 5th this and last year but my 4th place finish this year has me taking over his title!!

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! :congrats: :rock:

Outstanding job, Derek.

Pussy. ;) :p :D

Sorry, just being an internet keyboard commando. :eek:

To bad about the injury. Sounds like you had a real chance to take the title. Oh well, you are still the Worlds Strongest Policeman, and SRT/10 owner.

Congratulations on all you have accomplished. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Congrats LBSTONE!! U are DMAN!!!!! Glad to have you in this truck loving family!

Derek,

Congratulations to you and the others from the USA on their top 10 finishes. I am proud of you and your acomplishments and happy that you are here with us.

Very Coooool!

Congrats

Fantastic Derek!!!! Does your sport have much sponcership to help pay for the expenses of flying around the world? Seems like they are always having these competitions in exotic locations.

patrick

Wow! I trained with a UK Stongest Man competitor in the 90s so I know what a long term commitment you have made to get where you are. This rocks! :rock:
Congrats and go gettum next year!

CONGRATS on finishing in the top five!!!!:rock:
Just qualifying for that level of competition is awesome enough!!!!:rock: :rock:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Fantastic Derek!!!! Does your sport have much sponcership to help pay for the expenses of flying around the world? Seems like they are always having these competitions in exotic locations.

patrick
The federation (IFSA) takes care of the travels to all the international competitions. As far as here in the states, strongman is still more of an underground sport so we have to take care of all of our travel and hotel accomodations. THe exception is an international competition sanctioned by the IFSA on American soil and the Arnold Classic. All of the IFSA competitons held here in the US over the past two years I have taken part in (only one per year if that) and I recently got an invite to the Arnold Classic Strongman Competition next March.

As far as sponsorship goes, I am sponsored by Inzer Powerlifting Apparel but haven't had much time to go after more companies. I'm sure I should be able to get more sponsors once I sit down and put the time into sending companies all my info! I also have a hard time asking people for money for something I love doing!!

Derek,
Congrats on the competition..Thats a great accomplishment..Just think, only a few thousand more chicken paste smooties, and you will have the title..lol..
seriously, thats awesome.

Riff62 said:
Derek,
Congrats on the competition..Thats a great accomplishment..Just think, only a few thousand more chicken paste smooties, and you will have the title..lol..
seriously, thats awesome.

Yeah those chicken smoothies were awsome....:p :eek: ;) :D
;)

Derek you :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back