In response to Scrambler's questions about me and X-Metal..

jrgnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sir..here we go.

As many of you know I have purchased the bulk of my items from X-Metal. My blower and nitrous was installed by them also.

Facts:

1. Was suppose to receive the truck in four weeks. Got it 3 months later.

2. The wiring looks like a rat's nest. I was a electronic technician, so I could be a bit bias here.

3. I found a tool in the passenger side spring, laying on the A-Arm.

4. Upon receiving my truck the A/C system wasn't working. The blower was functioning but the temp control wasn't. I called Gary and he told me that he had no idea what happen. Replaced the fuse and fixed the problem.

5. One of the HID fog lamps was blown. I contacted Gary about it and he said that he didn't know how it happen and that I needed to send it to the manufacture for a warranty replacement. I properly wrapped and shipped the bulb(AMOPARMAN was witness to it).

The manufacture refuse to warranty the product because he said that it wasn't installed correctly. A argument arouse between Gary and the manufacture. Gary said he would no longer use them as suppliers.

He told me that he was in the process of finding a new manufacture and would send me a replacement soon. It's been over a year and I haven't receive a replacement.

The main HIDs didn't fit the headlights properly. The headlight assembly had to be adjusted all the way down so it would not blind incoming traffic. I called him and was told that it is the nature of the beast.

Got rid of the HID and got some SilverStars Ultra...Happy as I can be.:D

6. I asked for a itemized receipt. I paid around $20,800.00 total. Never got it after multiple requests.

7. The tapping of the engine oil pan to feed the blower was drilled on a angle. Fortunately it doesn't leak.

8. The Aftermarket re-usable oil filter was making a horrible noise after 2500 miles of being installed. Replace it with a K&N and the noise went away.

9. Paxton Aux pumps fuel lines sprung a leak. After close inspection, the lines didn't appear to be properly cut or flared. I replaced the lines with braided ones and steel tubing. No more leaks.

10. I installed the X-Metal Throttle body. Outstanding quality and response. Really quick shipment. I love it.

11. Paxton FMU was rigged with two pills instead of one as per design. This increases fuel pressure but forces the FMU to operate outside of it's original parameters increasing the risk of failure. I am working on upgrading my fuel system.

12. Suspension. My sagging springs and probably none functioning shocks have proven to be awesome for drag racing. For street driving they suck.

13. Tensioner pulley/belt. The tensioner was installed incorrectly and it swung high enough to hit a bolt fraying the belt and damaging the inboard edge of the pulley. It was probably done to increase the tension on the belt.

14. When replacing the belt, I noticed that my crank pulley was banged up. Seems like a hammer hit it. Working on replacing it. Currently on back order.

15. I was told that I was running a 50 shot. After doing a sprayed dyno pull and getting a pretty lean A/F reading(X-Metal Throttle body was added), I took a look at my jets. 52/22. That's a lean 100 shot. The shot is richer now and most likely I will use race fuel while at the track.

There's only been two shops who have worked on my truck. X-Metal and the Hemi Garage. The Hemi Garage has done all the work/rework after I received my truck from X-Metal. Which by the way has been flawless work.

If you notice, I am not making any accusations and have only listed facts. You can read and interpret whatever you like.

Personally, next time that I have to decide whether I want to order from X-Metal, I will reflect on this list and make my decision.

So there you go sir, straight from the horse mouth.

I agree, good post for all to see, Good Going ol boy:rock:

i think there are alot of stories about vendor's are not being told for fear of flaming.........:(

i always appreciate knowing when things go good with vendor's & the bad too.........:)

Awesome post, very very professional.

Free of emotion, and rational. This kind of post allows each reader to make their own judgments...

Thanks for sharing.

Glad to see this post Ric. The general public needs to be informed.

PH (The Hemi Garage)

PlatinumHemi said:
Glad to see this post Ric. The general public needs to be informed.

PH (The Hemi Garage)

thanks for taking care of our friend Ricardo:rock:

you did some really nice work:rock:

Well done.

Ric is one heck of a nice guy and even when talking to me about the problems with X-Metal/his truck,he was never mean-spirited about it.

I am glad to hear that it getting done to your satisfaction.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back