TAMPA Driving Out Cancer Motor Rally 4/26/08

muscletrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK all ya'll FL VTCOA members. Here is a great chance to get together for a great cause.

We are hosting the First Annual Driving Out Cancer Motor Rally and Car show in Tampa, FL on April 26, 2008. Some of you may remember we did this same thing here in MD last September and it was a blast.

We will be starting at The Hut in downtown Tampa, and cruising over to Salt Rock Grill in Indian Shores. We will provide breakfast and lunch, live music, auctions, awards, etc. The entry fee is $45. All proceeds go to fund support groups and education for older adults with cancer as well as their caregivers. Other donations and support are welcomed.

Please visit www.drivingoutcancer.org for more info and registration.

Sounds like a good time for a great cause.My mom is recovering from breast
cancer and I Will be attending this one!!

Great start, I am looking forward to meeting the FL guys. I will be riding the train down with my 1978 Lil-Red to drive in the cruise.

muscletrucks said:
Great start, I am looking forward to meeting the FL guys. I will be riding the train down with my 1978 Lil-Red to drive in the cruise.

Will be nice to meet you as well. love the lil red express trucks:rock:

I,m in,anyone wanna cruise over with me??

A very dear friend of mine has actually just been diagnosed with cancer (he's going through kemo right now) and I would love to join in the rally but they won't let my little 'ol Dodge Nitro in on the action - something because it's not antique, muscle, custom, exotic car or truck, high end luxury vehicle, motorcycle or chopper :(

I would love to be in this for my friend - I will pay your registration fee if someone is willing to let me ride with them in the rally. :D

:dontknow:

Last edited:
I'm all into this,
We need more involvement for this worthy cause.I figure About 3,700 members in the V.T.C.O.A. to date.So,what if everyone donate $1.00 and have it presented it at the event.We could set up a paypal or something similar.That would a really nice check for a very worthy cause:rock: :rock:
Maybe a separate Thread??:dontknow:
Any imput would be appreciated!!:D

1qksrt said:
I'm all into this,
We need more involvement for this worthy cause.I figure About 3,700 members in the V.T.C.O.A. to date.So,what if everyone donate $1.00 and have it presented it at the event.We could set up a paypal or something similar.That would a really nice check for a very worthy cause:rock: :rock:
Maybe a separate Thread??:dontknow:
Any imput would be appreciated!!:D

I actually love that idea. I don't think $1 is asking to much from everyone. I know there are a lot of people that have been affected by cancer in one way or another. I had an uncle and a grandmother that died of cancer, and now I'm going through the same feelings once again with my good friend. How can we push this issue??

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Turtle said:
I actually love that idea. I don't think $1 is asking to much from everyone. I know there are a lot of people that have been affected by cancer in one way or another. I had an uncle and a grandmother that died of cancer, and now I'm going through the same feelings once again with my good friend. How can we push this issue??

I've got to agree with Mickey and Turtle,what an awesome way to pitch in just a little !!! I'm in !!!!!:rock:

Turtle said:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
I'm all for a donation...my best friend has been battling stage 4 breast cancer for 3 years now. Let me know how to donate a couple bucks, as I can't sit for a ride for a long time:)

I am trying to get a hold of Mickey - it was his idea and so I want to get all the info together from him. But I'm all in and totally serious about this - even if I have to use my own paypal address - I have no problem with that. I want to make sure it's okay with the admins and such.

Last edited:
I'll support the cause. Just let me know where to send the money.

Do we need permission to put this together?,Turtle's paypal would be fine.
I would like more members to cruise over with me.What about a separate thread/temp. sticky???

Is anyone interested in this????:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back