Updating your SCT Tuner

msdnga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updating the SCT Tuner

Most are new to the SCT tuner scene, so I will write some detailed info on the updating process.

http://sctflash.com/getupdates.php

The SCT DCX Tuner is updatable via internet/e-mail using the USB port. The standard printer USB cable is what we all use.
Every-so often SCT will update the firmware on the controller itself. Currently we are at version 1.27, if you are not, then update it! ECU reset and many more hidden functions are available to keep us ahead of the game. This is the DCX Live Update program.

Now comes the fun part. DCX LiveLoad is the software you need on your PC to receive program updates or changes from the SCT Tuner (Roe Racing or KRC for example).

You get on the dyno, the guy yells at you for running too rich from 4000 rpm on. E-mail or call your tuner, he e-mails you a revised .LL3 file. You load it via the software, run the truck, nail your AFR curve and go home with 15 more rear wheel. Maybe your fans come on too soon in Canada...

When you receive a .LL3 file from your tuner, the software will ask you where to put it. In spot #1 or #2 or #3?
Entirely up to you, most guys use the 3rd spot so they can switch back to the original performance file in spot 1 or 2.

For example: My tuner has 2 programs.
#1 High Boost SRT 10
#2 Low Boost SRT 10
#3 Blank
If I need to drive to Cali on 89 octane at $2.50 gallon, Roe would e-mail a lower timing /rev/ speed limited .LL3 file and using the DCX Live load, load it to #3 as Low Octane Rev 1.
Then I go out the the turbo truck, plug in the tuner, select the #3 Low Octane Rev 1 and dump it into the ECU's memory.

Keep in mind, if you change your combo completely, way beyond your original combo. Your tuner may charge you for his time/labor. Such as stock injectors to 3 times their size. Ask your tuner.
Also, every truck is different, if you have a quirk or issue, get with your tuner and let him help you out before you beat him up online.

Datalogging will be enabled on the tuners soon, so you can send the logged information to your tuner, without going to a dyno or track, and he can update or repair the issue via LiveLoad.

For anyone wanting more control over their ECU than what their tuner writes on his dyno, you need to Purchase the SCT Pro Race Software package (Usually $1000). This is the same software we use, 1 tuner locked to 1 truck and the USB Key. You cannot view another tune someone has written, so you are on your own. Good Luck with that! Trust your tuner!

If you are a speed shop that wants the same software, you can contact myself or SCT directly to purchase the different packages (SRT 10 Trucks, Vipers, SRT 4, Hemi, DCX Trucks...) I am also a Authorized DCX Trainer for SCT, you can schedule for myself to come up to your shop and train your employees and dyno operators on it's use. I am in Delaware and Maine this month and Los Angeles in April.

Remember, our PM's fill up too fast, so if you cannot get a reply, call or e-mail! We all do our best to get back to you. Later!

(ADMIN's Please STICKY this update thread)

Thanks Marty you have really been helpful. As busy as you are it says alot that you take the time to explain things to the masses. I and am sure others appreciate the effort and you're expertise.

Hey Marty..left a message today for you to call me...the file you sent will not download onto the SCT....when I go to the SCT web site LIVELOAD and click "add" 2 different error messages.."FILE SN NOT CORRECT, ABORTING" AND "COULD NOT UNLOCK XCALIBRATOR FOR DOWNLOAD"............What do I do now?:dontknow: :(

TNVIPER said:
Hey Marty..left a message today for you to call me...the file you sent will not download onto the SCT....when I go to the SCT web site LIVELOAD and click "add" 2 different error messages.."FILE SN NOT CORRECT, ABORTING" AND "COULD NOT UNLOCK XCALIBRATOR FOR DOWNLOAD"............What do I do now?:dontknow: :(

Open LiveLoad software that you downloaded and installed from SCT - Right, ya did that ... Right?

Then browse your drive and locate the downloaded *.ll3 file and click on it and download to controller (tuner) open slot.

Hope this helps ......... If not pm me if ya want Jim

JimTeTe said:
Open LiveLoad software that you downloaded and installed from SCT - Right, ya did that ... Right?

Then browse your drive and locate the downloaded *.ll3 file and click on it and download to controller (tuner) open slot.

Hope this helps ......... If not pm me if ya want Jim

Yes, I did all that...just got off the phone with another member who had the same problem...seems the wrong SN may be loaded in the file...thanks for the reply..

Got a new file from Marty this morning via email....he didnt say but I assume it was a SN problem because the file downloaded without problem...thanks Marty!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back