ROYAL PURPLE MOTOR OIL

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What results has anyone had with gas mileage and power increases using Royal Purple motor oil.....I just changed my oil and decided to try the Royal Purple ---The truck appears to be better running espescially at the low end and I am seeing almost .5 mpg better compared to the 10.1 mpg i have been getting for the last couple months ----Has anyone seen similar results....my driving habits have changed in the last couple days -I hit the pedal harder...

yep, i got 75rwhp gain just from the oil:D :D

just kidding, it runs smoother and at 190 rather than 200 dergees and a little better gas milage on the freeway.

I have read their claims and it appears to me ---what I am seeing is that their claims are true to some point ---I am a skeptical sob when it comes to claims ---the change to Royal Purple is making me think twice...anybody else had any similar results from switching to Royal Purple??

Alright first I have an 04 which has the diff. gear in the rear, I would get (DRIVING LIKE GRANDMA) 19.8 on the HWY now am getting 21.6. my engine oil runs about 10 degrees cooler too.

Good to hear that Mark...I plan to change my oil before the track opens this coming Sat...already had decided on the RP....what weight are you using?

I called royal purple they told me to go with 10/30 in fall/winter and 10/40 in the summer. If you call them they will give you recommendations on elevation and climate.

Thats amazing that just by changing to RP oil that you would notice an increase like that,My buddies that run at the track all the time swear by it also.
I'm gettting close to a service here also and most likely will swith over also.
Has anyone tried that "ZMAX" I think thats what its called,its clear and you add it to your oil,its supposed to penitrated all the metal surfaces through heat! to prevent wear on bearings and so on??

sounds like great results... do u guys use a vendor or buy it at walley world??:dontknow:

I'd def. be in 4 a group buy... the tank rips through the 15-50 :burnout: ... prolly need a case of 10-40 for the NR too :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back