Worst Thread I have to ever start

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im listing my truck.........................Officially:(

This is a 2004 Red with black racing stripes 700+ hp to the wheels 698 TQ!
almost show room condition very well taken care of!!

The mods include: a paxton with a 10 pd pulley, raptor shift light, x-metal lowering kit, Full billy boat headers back exhaust with custom electric cut outs with the switch in the cab, B&M short throw shifter, very recent centerforce clutch upgrade, 3 gauge piller, tinted side windows, viper decor on door sills and on the door are viper heads where the reflective would normally be, powder coated intake (red), head work to supply efficient oil to the motor and make it safe for 10 pds (done by a very knowledgeable mech), optima battery, cal-trax, amp and sub upgraded, custom car cover in red/black, shorty antenna, cal-vue mirrors, Navagation, some fuel system work to supply more for the 10 pd pulley, exhaust cam.

All I can think of on a whim, this truck is a show stopper and a mean ride on the street and beats 99% of everything out there. Ran in the low 11's for the previous owner Randy.

Mileage is 14500

im saddened to due this but Im doing it cause this is my only toy to sell. My mother needs the help and I need the freed cash per month. Plus my job may be in jep currently do to injurys and there not caring about it.
I am listing at 34000 due to thats what I owe still, can talk about working it out better maybe but thats maybe. I know its a little high due to current times but this truck is worth every cent and more, one of the most intimidating street trucks you'll ever ride in!

Please pm me for pictures if interested and my motor is in my sig. Roy can attest for this truck as well.

I will be actively searching to give her a good home.

oh what a terrible day......................................:(

Good luck Mike. Hope everything works out for you and Mom, at the end of the day it's just metal.

labontecsi said:
Good luck Mike. Hope everything works out for you and Mom, at the end of the day it's just metal.

I wish it was that easy, I worked so hard to get this you have no idea. I cannot even begin to describe how it feels to have to list her up, this is truly one of the darker days for me because this metal you speak of is more than that to me, its a symbol for more and it greatly depresses and greeves me to have to do this, when it is sold there will be tears shed and I will take a while to get back to normal:(
If there was anything I could realistically do I would but ive run through my options and I have nothing, heck im still shaking im so upset right now, I have to log off now, I cant think about this anymore.

hope

you wll get another truck, even more trick. biz bad for alot of us. Iam getting comepleatly hosed by chrysler financial. trying to repair credit, so I can refinance. ya just never know. I beleive good things on the horizon for all of us.

Mike -

Sorry to hear about your truck :( and your mother. I can only imagine how it has to hurt to get rid of your truck, but I hope this will at least things better for you and your family in the long run.

labontecsi said:

It may be just metal, but to some it's formed strong friendships and even greater memories . . . I think I've heard that from someone that recently had to sell their truck. It's hard to get rid of that "metal" that brings so many together!

:( :(

It sucks..There are a few of us who have been there..Im sorry you have to let it go..Hang in there..

Sorry to hear about this.Hope everything works out for you.our prayers are with you and your family.

nycstev said:
Good luck bro. You still got stock pistons in that thang?

yes there stock pistons, the heads were worked on to make sure there was no boom on the motor with the 10 pd pulley, the truck is also tuned safely. The previous owner did the r and r to make sure shed last a long time. Yet im willing to purchase pistons as part of the deal for a new owner, if they should so want them. I have a line on a set for a good price and planned to buy for myself but things just have gone extreamly badly for me in a very short time. Ill buy the set I was gonna and throw them in the deal so the new owner only has to install them to feel better if hes worried. But this truck has been sc for all its life on the current setup with no prob what so ever so im 100% inclined to believe that the head work has done the trick. 14500 miles and running strong as the day she was put together.

Thank you to all for your comments, i can only hope to someday realize my dream again. You are some of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of talkin to ever and some of you meeting in person. I am undecided weather Ill hang around after shes gone due to I can barely now even think about what happening, I dont know if I can put myself through seeing all your trucks and joyful banter knowing I have failed to keep my own dream.

Last edited:
Mike, you haven't failed at all, sometimes we gotta do things we don't like to do. Your silly ass had better stick around, you are permanantly one of the family!!!

What I meant was after the metal is gone, we still have the family here to rely on. We're all here for you Mike. Feel free to call if you need to.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
I wish it was that easy, I worked so hard to get this you have no idea. I cannot even begin to describe how it feels to have to list her up, this is truly one of the darker days for me because this metal you speak of is more than that to me, its a symbol for more and it greatly depresses and greeves me to have to do this, when it is sold there will be tears shed and I will take a while to get back to normal:(
If there was anything I could realistically do I would but ive run through my options and I have nothing, heck im still shaking im so upset right now, I have to log off now, I cant think about this anymore.

I completely feel your pain:( . I love mine more than anything. It was always my dream to have a muscle car and I could never afford one. Finally after working for 28 years and being well on my way to having life by the horns, these trucks came out. I had to have one and I could finally afford my dream :rock:

Ater being without work for 2 years, I am seeing all my dreams fade away fast:( . It tears me up inside and I feel like such a failure. As others have said, it is just metal - but it's the emotional reasons that make it hard to part with something you worked your whole life to obtain.

I truly understand how you feel about that "symbol" because that's how I feel about mine. I will be glad if I can keep my truck, and even more glad if we can keep our home ... Scary times right now.

I will be praying that you will find strength to get through this hardest time of your life and be able to stay on the forum and be part of the family ....

Good Luck,
Denise

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back