Intake manifold bolt

labontecsi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know which one, how the hell do you get to it? I have lost every 7/16 socket I have down there, and can't get a torx socket through the runners. It's in a funky enough position that I can't get a wrench around it either. Some MOPAR engineer should be drawn and quartered for this design.:argh: :argh: :argh:

I was able to get a torx bit (with tape around it) down in there. It sucks!!!

yep.. i used a long 1/4" extension,taped the torx bit to it and tapped it in to get a good bite.

Take a long 1/4 inch extension, and a pen magnet.

run the extension thru the intake, use the magnet to hold the socket, put the socket onto the bolt head, then insert the extension into the socket;)

snap on quarter inch drive wobble socket works awsome

I used a 1/4" extension and then put silicone on the end to hold socket on,and for a wrench on the back drivers side I used a grinder and ground the box end thin till it fit on.

use a torx bit taped in a wrench or torx bit on long extension through the intake runners.

Tony's suggestion worked. I held a torx bit on the bolt with a pen magnet, then ran a 1/4" socket on a 6" extension through the runners. Once I got it all lined up, I gave the end of the extension a couple good whacks. Getting it all back together should be just as much fun.

I really did go buy more sockets. There were 5 7/16" sockets and 3 torx inserts under the manifold. I don't think they were all mine.

labontecsi said:
Tony's suggestion worked. I held a torx bit on the bolt with a pen magnet, then ran a 1/4" socket on a 6" extension through the runners. Once I got it all lined up, I gave the end of the extension a couple good whacks. Getting it all back together should be just as much fun.

I really did go buy more sockets. There were 5 7/16" sockets and 3 torx inserts under the manifold. I don't think they were all mine.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

on your new collection of 7/16" sockets

The only reason I knew that Labonte is the first time I also had a huge collection of sockets under my intake as well:p :p :p

I luvs dos magnets:D

dnz28 said:
snap on quarter inch drive wobble socket works awsome
And bingo was his name O'.... The right tool for the job!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back