HID KIT is INSTALLED!

supercar1of1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My 4300K kit was installed today.

I can't believe how bright they are. Thought oncoming traffic would be flashing at me but none did.

My mechanic also advised that he had installed many kits from this company and has yet to have any return for service or repair nor could he believe the price.:rock:

A+ product.:congrats: Totally Satisfied Customer, John

supercar1of1 said:

My 4300K kit was installed today.

I can't believe how bright they are. Thought oncoming traffic would be flashing at me but none did.

My mechanic also advised that he had installed many kits from this company and has yet to have any return for service or repair nor could he believe the price.:rock:

A+ product.:congrats: Totally Satisfied Customer, John

5 0 Bait (Frank) will be interested in your report. He has expressed interest in doing HIDs in the near future. Put this one in the plus column Frank.

A lot of people who installed HID's (can't speak of this kit specifically) get the lamp out light on the cluster. I don't know if it was limited to just low beam HIDs or not. I had a set for the first month I had the truck but I had the lamp out light on and it drove me nuts.

amtrucker22 said:
A lot of people who installed HID's (can't speak of this kit specifically) get the lamp out light on the cluster. I don't know if it was limited to just low beam HIDs or not. I had a set for the first month I had the truck but I had the lamp out light on and it drove me nuts.

Could a resistor or simply a wire be placed to complete the cicuitry? :dontknow:

amtrucker22 said:
Do you get the lamp out light?

No lamp out light. I think this is a upgraded kit. It has several components in the new wiring harnesses.
He just had to hook 1+ and 2- to the battery, then everything else was a straight plug-in and go.

That sounds awesome. Would it be possible to post a pic of what they look like on the truck??? I have been talking with other members about doing this on my truck.

I am glad that the lamp out thing is not an issue. I will look into doing this next year!

5_0_BAIT said:
That sounds awesome. Would it be possible to post a pic of what they look like on the truck??? I have been talking with other members about doing this on my truck.

I will try to get some pic's that show how well these things work, but like the pic's I've seen published before, they just don't do justice to how well they illuminate.

Also, take a few minutes to look at the parts in the kit. Unless you are the type that takes their truck to their mechanic to change a light bulb, you can do the job yourself.

I have their 6500k kit on the Jeep and have installed them on 2 other Jeeps and ranging from a 4500k to 8000K and they all have been flawless. The key to their kit is that you have relays for each ballast which prolongs the life of the ballast. I have relays on the fogs and lows and simply love how they look. The difference between Xenondepot kits and others I have installed is obvious by how they weather seal each connection with the accordian style sealers, others do not use this and leave it up to you to seal out moisture.

8000K fogs and lows
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/texastourist/?action=view&current=SKYE014.flv

6500K lows and 3000K fogs (yellow)

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/texastourist/?action=view&current=tripleccarshow108.flv
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/texastourist/?action=view&current=tripleccarshow109.flv

6500K is the beginning of the "BLUE" scale it all depends on how you look at it and from what height. A good blue would be 10000K or if you want like an Aston Martin purple 12000.

p7182995.jpg

Approximate

Light Source K Temp Lumens (output)

Halogen bulb 3200k 1500-2000
Sunlight 5000-5500k
D2S bulb 4100k 3500
D2S bulb 6000k 2800
8000k HID 2500
10000k HID Bulb 2200
12000k HID Bulb 2100

*Note* Those with Projectors every HID system with projectors (not reflectors) will have a color shift in appearance (visible as you approach an oncoming vehicle or as seen by illuminating your headlights on a white wall) there is that line of blue/purple (and other colors, however minimal) that is generated as the light source bends around the cutoff in your projector headlamp. Now, the whiter the light, the more definition of a blue/purple cutoff you will have. So, if you have 4300k HIDs installed, that cutoff that you and everyone will see, will have a significant amount of blue/purple and a little gold, (pink perhaps too) at the horizon... very defined and eyecatching.

Last edited:
put some on my SRT8 GC and WOW...no lamp light or anything. They are so bright that people flash there beams from time to time!

I would recommend, A+ service,,,

Are these worth it or a good deal??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-2005-DODGE-RAM-BLACK-HEADLIGHTS-HID-KIT-2003-2004_W0QQitemZ310119555206QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item310119555206&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

quadster2005 said:
Are these worth it or a good deal??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-2005-DODGE-RAM-BLACK-HEADLIGHTS-HID-KIT-2003-2004_W0QQitemZ310119555206QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item310119555206&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I would stay away from that HID kit..no starter box or anything....

Contact Steve (XenonDepot) and he can tell you what sets his kit apart from the rest. I have used other HID kits before, and his is the only one that works flawless with no problems.

RedSrt007 said:
I would stay away from that HID kit..no starter box or anything....

Contact Steve (XenonDepot) and he can tell you what sets his kit apart from the rest. I have used other HID kits before, and his is the only one that works flawless with no problems.
so I would have to buy other components just to make this work? It says it has a year warranty, plus it comes with the black headlights which I want!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back