Carbon Fiber Hood

Steep price, but great option and probably killer looks. Wil definately look great on your truck Mike.

I'm still trying to buy mids & guages, the hood will have to wait. :(

It would be much cheaper for me to go on a diet.:D

"Hood pins are required."
No thanks.

Does anyone know the thermal dissipation properties of CF vs. painted steel? With our hood, I'm more worried about removing heat than a couple of extra lbs.

Nowwhat said:
yes but the hood is a possibility....:D
Mike, that was
untitledRICK.jpg

♪Cold Bloooded..♪

Kevan said:
"Hood pins are required."
No thanks.

Does anyone know the thermal dissipation properties of CF vs. painted steel? With our hood, I'm more worried about removing heat than a couple of extra lbs.

Hood pins look bad ass.....:D ...just worried about it being a flexing POS

I dont think it should flex too bad, just wonder about the quality fo workmanship, some of the hoods are not very well done, let me know bro.

Stinker said:
I dont think it should flex too bad, just wonder about the quality fo workmanship, some of the hoods are not very well done, let me know bro.

will do....want to talk to them about Fiberglass fenders.....:D

I would like more info

I would be interested in a C/F hood, Like you I think hood pins are bad azz.. Where are they located?

BlackRamSrt10 said:
I would be interested in a C/F hood, Like you I think hood pins are bad azz.. Where are they located?

City of Industry about an hour from me....be kind of a cool field trip....may be only 15 minutes from Vprpwr...will see if he wants to join me....he sells this kind of stuff for imports...he will be a better judge....

weight savings.............

about two squirrels
three racoons
and one full size cat's worth:D

seriuosly tho, should be around 100 lbs I would think or iin the area.

1Fast400 said:
You think our hoods weigh that much? What about the front grill. If this is just a hood, what are you going to do about a grill for the front?

use the existing one....why?

Our hoods are less than 100 lbs. I'd imagine the CF one to be about 40, depending on what sort of bracing/framing is used (if any). If it's a pure CF sheet, it will be nice and light, but a towel stapled to the bumper would be less wavy.

For rice, the CF hoods work well. They don't have a massive area to cover and don't put off nearly as much heat as our engine compartments do....even with all that neon. LOL

Be sure to ask tons of questions, and ask if you can check out the build process. And take lots of pics. :D

Unfortunately we won't know fit until one is installed. I was hoping to find out last week until they jacked up the price. Grills are already plastic I believe, so no big savings there. They will be trying to bending the hoods when it is open unfortunately. Al grill frame instead of the OE steel might help.
What is the plan? If you are going to purchase, you should make it 3 guys and do a $2000 deal. That should help with the price.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back