It was bound to happen.....

Kevan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. It was inevitable.

PIC

On the drive back from Rhode Island to Columbus, I was cruising along at a nice 73 mph (cruise). As we traversed the state of Pennsylvania, I was passing a semi along I-80. Someone in a BMW was riding my ass like it was a trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Apparently, I wasn't passing the semi quick enough for them. So, in an attempt to be a nice guy and keep traffic flowing, I tapped the gas to finish my pass of the big truck.

ZOOMED!!!

I was so busted, it wasn't even funny.
I thought the cop might get the BMW driver for being a dickhead and not letting him by on his way to get me. That was interesting to watch.

I pulled over to the wider part of the shoulder, turned off the truck, flipped on the hazards, got all the paperwork out and put it on the dash. Hands went to (and stayed at) the top of the steering wheel.

I must say, the PA State Trooper was VERY, VERY, VERY cool. He could have easily written me up for 80+, but told me the best he could do was 71 in a 65. I thanked him profusely.

As we were waiting for the VERY COOL officer to do his checks, a hopped-up Cobra and a new Porsche Cayman went SCREAMING past us. Those two clowns owe me, big time. :)

I did some math last night. I figured I have travelled over 150,000 miles without a ticket, or even a warning. I haven't been pulled over in 15 years! I figured that I was due.
*sigh*
Fine payment goes out tomorrow.

you have a wing on your truck....?......they are bad luck...

:D ....sounds like all ended well...do the traffic school online....

lol...funny you took a pic for the boys in forum-land :D

I guess if you look at it that way, the miles / ratio is pretty good :) . Sounds like the cop was pretty cool too ...

Patrick

I don't mean to laugh...............:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But with owning a GMC that will never happen to me :p :D

Kevan said:
Yep. It was inevitable.

PIC

On the drive back from Rhode Island to Columbus, I was cruising along at a nice 73 mph (cruise). As we traversed the state of Pennsylvania, I was passing a semi along I-80. Someone in a BMW was riding my ass like it was a trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Apparently, I wasn't passing the semi quick enough for them. So, in an attempt to be a nice guy and keep traffic flowing, I tapped the gas to finish my pass of the big truck.

ZOOMED!!!

I thought the cop might get the BMW driver for being a dickhead and not letting him by on his way to get me. That was interesting to watch.

I pulled over to the wider part of the shoulder, turned off the truck, flipped on the hazards, got all the paperwork out and put it on the dash. Hands went to (and stayed at) the top of the steering wheel.

I must say, the PA State Trooper was VERY, VERY, VERY cool. He could have easily written me up for 80+, but told me the best he could do was 71 in a 65. I thanked him profusely.

As we were waiting for the VERY COOL officer to do his checks, a hopped-up Cobra and a new Porsche Cayman went SCREAMING past us. Those two clowns owe me, big time. :)

I did some math last night. I figured I have travelled over 150,000 miles without a ticket, or even a warning. I haven't been pulled over in 15 years! I figured that I was due.
*sigh*

bummer........ makes ya wonder why he didn't bust the bmw ??

Hey Kevin, Shit happens, I know. Its only a ticket, pay it and move on. :)

Bill.

Nowwhat said:
you have a wing on your truck....?......they are bad luck...
:D
Enough people already ask me if the truck has a Hemi. No need to confuse them further.
The wing stays. :D

Begood said:
Hey Kevin, Shit happens, I know. Its only a ticket, pay it and move on. :)

Bill.
Yeah. I'm not sweating it at all.
This time, I'm going for 200,000 miles! :)

Even though you were doing way more than 6 over.... what is that about a $40-50 ticket.....

I got one warning in Kansas on my trip back home in June.

Scott.

TheSickness said:
I don't mean to laugh...............:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But with owning a GMC that will never happen to me :p :D

Your lucky to get over 55... :D

azpyroguy said:
Even though you were doing way more than 6 over.... what is that about a $40-50 ticket.....

Scott.
  • $44.50 Fine
  • $10.00 E.M.S. Fee (Emergency Medical Services Act)
  • $30.00 CAT Fee (Catastrophic Loss Benefits Continuation Fund)
  • $31.50 COSTS Fee (???)
  • $10.00 J.C.P./A.T.J. (Judicial Computer Project/Access To Justice)
TOTAL:
$126. :)

Kevan said:
  • $44.50 Fine
  • $31.50 COSTS Fee (???)
TOTAL:

damn !

Kevan said:
  • $44.50 Fine
  • $31.50 COSTS Fee (???)
TOTAL:
No Universal Access Tax???
This one always gets me on the phone bill. I can't remember the last time I accessed the Universe. Heck, I have a hard time calling outside my area code.:D Sorry to hear about the ticket. I know that sick feeling ya get when the flashing lights fill the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
Kevan said:
*sigh*
Yeah, I've gone well over 250,000 miles since my last citation - 2 1/2 years ago (90 in a 55 - 5 points:eek: ).;) Haven't been pulled over since. I'm finally points-free once again!:D :D

Heck, that's really not bad. I used to have a pamphlet explaining the Pennsylvania points system, maybe I still do?? IF you do get points, it'll only be 2 or 3. Go Twelve months from the time of conviction without getting any more, and you drop 3 points.:)

My warning in Kansas was for 76 in a 65...officer was cool... said he never seen a truck look and sound like mine...

Kevan said:
Yep. It was inevitable.

PIC

ZOOMED!!!

*sigh*

Watt? no traffk skool?:burnout:

Kevan said:
  • $44.50 Fine
  • $31.50 COSTS Fee (???)
TOTAL:

The Smile on your face from driving an SRT-10 . . . PRICELESS!! :rock:

Screw that Kev! If you pay it you're pleading guilty and it'll be on your record... Oh wait, but if it was while out of town then you wouldn'tbe interested in going back there to fight it. That sucks man. Being out of town is the worst time to get cited. Hey at least the cop was cool. He prolly stopped you to get a good look at your machine, then dropped the speed to 71 since he liked what he saw. The ratio is really impressive.... 150,000 miles and 15 years clean? Deeezamn that could never be me.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back