SRT Track Experience: Beave(r)Run, PA 9.15-17.06

Kevan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone attending?

This will be my 4th SRT Track Experience (3 as a participant; 1 as a crew member).
This will be Rachel's first. :D

We're heading into town on Saturday afternoon, staying at the Sheraton in Mars, PA, then doing the event on Sunday.

If anyone wants to hook up before or at the event, please feel free to cell: 614.596.9336

Nothin' like drivin' 120mph all day....heh heh.

The better question is: What DON'T you do? :D

I was lucky enough to get a call from a long-time friend who works for the company that puts on the events. I was at the airport in Austin about to get on my plane when the phone rings:
"We just found out we're gonna be a man short for the Mid-Ohio event tomorrow. Can you help us out?"
Pfft...no problem.

I said that then. I wouldn't say that now. LMAO

Not only was that the hottest weekend this summer in OH, but I had just finished a 4-day trade show where I was standing for 12 hrs. at a time. Sure would have been nice to get a day off.

The participants rarely see what the crew does. We spent most of our time filling up the cars. LOL We line them all up at the particualar sections (Drag, Autocross, Track Drive), and make sure they are clean inside and out. NOTE: California Dusters rock!!! The Skip Barber guys would come to us and say things like, "I killed the brakes in #65." We would run the car up to the DCX uber-tech who works with us and watch him ninja new pads on there while the participants ate lunch.
If something breaks in the vehicles, we pull it out of circulation, park it and make notes for DCX. It's usually taken care of by the next event.
After the event, we make sure the cars are garaged/locked, track is clean/clear, and the location of the nearest beer-serving facility. :)

It was also cool to see all 3 companies work seamlessly throughout the entire weekend. You don't see that very often, but these guys (and gals) have it running smoothly and efficiently, without any attitudes or conflicts.

It's a pretty tough gig, but I had a lot of fun. I got to hang out with the DCX folks, the Skip Barber guys, the folks from the track, and the event guys. I had a great time.

To date, I'm the only SRT owner who's been a crew member.

There is no option for the public to be crew members. This was a non-standard situation that I was fortunate to be part of.

Just got back from the event.
WHAT A TOTAL BLAST!!!! I always have fun when I go, but this time was special:

RACHEL LEARNED HOW TO DRIVE STICK....IN A VIPER!!!!!!

No kidding.
Big ups to Juan from the Skip Barber School for helping her out with that. Nothing like popping the clutch in a $90,000 car. :D

Expect PLENTY of pics either later tonight or in the AM!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back