track cooling : spal pusher fans....

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone who drag races & is looking for a way to cool their engine between runs in the staging lanes, should get one of these:

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=30102047

ran mine last friday @ PIR, dropped the temps 30+ degrees in ~10 minutes !!!:rock:

if you use the FRH relay kit, you'll need to upgrade the fuse to a 40amp as was suggested to me by the spal tech rep....
tony (stinker) reccommends them & sells them @ a competitive price.... :)

pics are of the manual fan switch (radio shack), my line lock switch & the fan/mounting hardware....

Attachments

• P1000156.JPG
    P1000156.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 297
  • P1000158.JPG
    P1000158.JPG
    979.3 KB · Views: 221
  • P1000159.JPG
    P1000159.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 749
moparracing said:
the fan, relay kit & mounting straps shipped for ~$150.00..... there are cheaper alternative fans, but spal has a great rep & customer service. :)
Do you have a lint for them? sorry just saw the link on the first post,my bad.

moparracing said:
tony can getcha a good deal on it. :)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hell yea!! We gotta hit the track again soon :burnout: :burnout:

But you should try Woodburn now instead of PIR...A guy @ the LX forum went from 12.46 @ PIR down to 12.1 racing at Woodburn...Which means Woodburn its better prepped

12.119 At Woodburn today....yipeeeee hit my goal.....woops lost the race but went even faster......11's are in sight....

What a morning...I have to say that Woodburn is a blast. They do such a good job of preparing the track. My best run was 12.119 with a 1.809 60's at 114.92...I lost the ET race as I way underestimated my time hence stopped racing early (second time et racing)....She's got more in her which is a bit scary....Also it's a whole different game racing against the pro guys as they have a lot of experience, but it was a blast....

Hurry up and get your cams installed as I need some LX competition.......

BTW the pre-racing tune was absolutely fantastic.....for a second lx tune he did good...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=163997
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=164134

LMSRT8 said:
Oh , and we will be there July 18-19 for the Mopar Nationatls :rock:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=159930
wouldn't mind going to woodburn, i'm sure they prep their track better...... :rock:
don't know if i want to go that far to bracket race though...... :dontknow: :(

let me think about it..... the following weekend is the GTG in silverdale also, too many irons in the fire for me ??:dontknow:

moparracing said:
wouldn't mind going to woodburn, i'm sure they prep their track better...... :rock:
don't know if i want to go that far to bracket race though...... :dontknow: :(

let me think about it..... the following weekend is the GTG in silverdale also, too many irons in the fire for me ??:dontknow:

Well i think they also have their TNT "test and Tune" or somethimg like that lol im not familiar with the track, but we should give it a try.

I was try to make both GTG's but i dont think i can't, i have new bosses at Ruby's so i can't have 2 weekends off in a row....Its kinda slow and i dont wanna loose my hours and my sweet position lol...Damm economy :argh: :argh: :slug:

LMSRT8 said:
Well i think they also have their TNT "test and Tune" or somethimg like that lol im not familiar with the track, but we should give it a try.

I was try to make both GTG's but i dont think i can't, i have new bosses at Ruby's so i can't have 2 weekends off in a row....Its kinda slow and i dont wanna loose my hours and my sweet position lol...Damm economy :argh: :argh: :slug:
well, if they have it so you can just run for time, i'd be interested. :)

moparracing said:
ya didn't miss anything last friday night...... i couldn't keep the tires from spinning - ran 12.8 to 13.2.... :(
reminded me of last july when we both ran @ PIR. :(

same thing happened to Dave with his BlueBee and his new DR's...he was sppinig in 3rd gear WTH? :dontknow:

And i DO remember when it was NO traction at all...damm PIR stuff :argh:

LMSRT8 said:
same thing happened to Dave with his BlueBee and his new DR's...he was sppinig in 3rd gear WTH? :dontknow:

And i DO remember when it was NO traction at all...damm PIR stuff :argh:
that blue charger moves pretty damn good for mostly just heads & a cam. :rock:

what mods are in your near future ?

moparracing said:

Yep! this is his sig

Airaid CAI, 180Tstat, MagnaFlow catback, InertiaMotorsports ported intake/bigvalve heads, spartan Max cam, MM ported throttle body, EDGE 3000 stall converter.

and a CMR tune from PRE, the guys were we dyno'd our rides last time, now they are Diablo dealers and can do CMR tunes.

LMSRT8 said:
Hey , i run those numbers too :p :p and im a V8 :p :p jkjkjkjkjkjk :slug: :slug: :slug: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:
12.8's your best so far....... ;)

you should be passing my 12.7 soon.... what can i say, you must be a better driver. ;) :D

moparracing said:

my next mods in the near future? damm...pretty much what he has , but of course NOT the same combo but im gonna wait a bit more. Def not a good time right now to spend 5-6g's on cars lol .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back