Installed the MYGIG today

SANTEEN

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to installing the MYGIG unit in my 10. Here are some pics. It's actually very easy and completely plug 'n play, no splicing. Everything works, Nav, video in motion, touchsrceen, uconnect, voice command, sat radio, hard drive, etc.

Lockpick adapter and harness from coastaletech
IMG_3350.jpg

Factory jumper harness for 2009 uconnect mirror to mygig unit
IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

Low speed 30gb MYGIG unit
IMG_3353.jpg

Factory jumper harness from sat radio antenna to buily in sat for mygig. (bypasses sat receiver that came in our trucks)
IMG_3354.jpg

2009 Dual microphone uconnect mirror
IMG_3355.jpg

MYGIG playing FM
IMG_3356.jpg

MYGIG playing music from the hard drive
IMG_3357.jpg

Half sceen nav and media source
IMG_3358.jpg

Fullscreen Nav
IMG_3359.jpg

Video in motion from built in DVD drive (oops I thought the Mall Cop DVD was in the drive):D
IMG_3363.jpg

That's BADASS Steve!!! :rock:

Where do you insert the discs? Can you use Nav and play CD's at the same time? And how much was that new bezel. I have the same bezel that you HAD - with the two semi-circles for the OEM non-nav unit.

nice install:rock: did you have to cut the trim ring? do you have a pic with it reinstalled?

What I do need, is someone with good plastic fabricating skills to make me an adapter faceplate. As you can see in the last pic, the old REC unit is bigger than the mygig. I ordered some ABS plastic and tried cutting out an adapter using the template from coastaletech's site, http://www.coastaletech.com/media/MYGIG_ADAPTER_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf.
Let's just say, it looked like my 3 year old cut it out using a sawsall. So, if anyone has the skills to fabricate a faceplate, I would be more than glad to pay for it.

Roz-SRT said:
That's BADASS Steve!!! :rock:

Where do you insert the discs? Can you use Nav and play CD's at the same time? And how much was that new bezel. I have the same bezel that you HAD - with the two semi-circles for the OEM non-nav unit.
The front screen flips down to insert the cd or dvd. And yes, you can use the nav at the same time your playing a disc. The nav maps are stored in the MYGIG's harddrive unit, not on disc like the older nav units. The bezel is from a 2006 Ram with an REC nav unit. That's my only problem. I need to find someone that can fabricate a faceplate to fill in the gaps

Last edited:
SANTEEN said:
The front screen flips down to insert the cd or dvd. And yes, you can use the nav at the same time your playing a disc. The nav maps are stored in the MYGIG's harddrive unit, not on disc like the older nav units. The bezel is from a 2006 Ram with an REC nav unit. That's my only problem. I need to find someone that can fabricate a faceplate to fill in the gaps
i remember seeing someone on here fill in the hole with fiberglass then recut the hole for an aftermarket headunit and then painted the whole thing silver again, looked like it came factory that way, i wish i could remember who it was :banghead:

I envy you '06 guys with all things electrical...... until I see those bigass headlights. :)

Seriously great work. I wanted to do this soooo bad. But we will have to rely on the aftermarket for the '04-'05's.

moparracing said:
very nice..... cost?:dontknow:
Total with the Mygig, adaptor and sat harness...about $1,000. If you want to go allthe way and do the uconnect mirror and jumper harness, add another $350.00.

Steve, PM me more details on the plastic-fab. :)

Well I finally got around to installing the MYGIG unit in my 10. Here are some pics. It's actually very easy and completely plug 'n play, no splicing. Everything works, Nav, video in motion, touchsrceen, uconnect, voice command, sat radio, hard drive, etc.

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

Factory jumper harness from sat radio antenna to buily in sat for mygig. (bypasses sat receiver that came in our trucks)
IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

MYGIG playing FM
IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Fullscreen Nav
IMG_3359.jpg

Video in motion from built in DVD drive (oops I thought the Mall Cop DVD was in the drive):D
IMG_3363.jpg

Thanks man, This is just what I needed. I've been looking for someone who has done this. :)

I think he might have taken it all out for some reason. :dontknow: Might want to hear what he says.

Took it out, cuz I want to upgrade amps and subs, Just dont like using those cheesy line-out adaptors. For stock speakers and stock amp, the Mygig is the way to go. Love everything about it. It's actually in Joy's '06 300 now.

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

MYGIG playing FM
IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Fullscreen Nav
IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

Is there anyway to get a MyGig in to my 2004?

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

MYGIG playing FM
IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Fullscreen Nav
IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

Can I do this for my @004 Ram? I really really really want a MYGIG in her.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back