DTS Rearend For Sale

IH8CHVYS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone would be interested:

I have had it in my truck for about a year now, not exactly sure but about 3000 miles on it. Have made just a handfull of passes down the track and i might say it is a stout piece! It has the 4:56's and i also have a brake line kit (never installed) from Stinker. New these run about $3700 so not exactly sure on a selling price just yet! I guess make me an offer for now if interested.

Thanks
Ernie

FATJACK said:
Ahhhhgggghhhh, I think i'm gonna shoot my damn self!!
Aint that the truth. Let me see the new rearend or my balls, cuz the wife will have them if I even keep thinking about it. Thanks IH8:argh: balls or rearend since I have been married for awhile do I really need them anymore anyway:confused: :marchmellow:

is this the rearend that clunks when you go around a turn :p

Ironhead said:
is this the rearend that clunks when you go around a turn :p

After 1000 miles, I can say that it's pretty damned subtle for the most part. You notice a little wheel slip/skid at very low speed on very tight turns, but it's not been the slightest bit irritating or problematic. Except for the most knowledgeable of passengers, they'd never know it wasn't stock.

I did have the pinion angle set fairly shallow when it was installed, which might also influence things.

mine isnt bad at all and it only has about 50 miles on it. will be a good deal for somebody.

eddie102870 said:
mine isnt bad at all and it only has about 50 miles on it. will be a good deal for somebody.

why are you selling it?

Perhaps interested, but would like some more info.

I'm presuming from other discussion that it has a Detroit in it?

What brakes does it have?

ABS sensor/tone ring?

Thanks! :rock:

IH8CHVYS said:
Checking to see if anyone would be interested:

I have had it in my truck for about a year now, not exactly sure but about 3000 miles on it. Have made just a handfull of passes down the track and i might say it is a stout piece! It has the 4:56's and i also have a brake line kit (never installed) from Stinker. New these run about $3700 so not exactly sure on a selling price just yet! I guess make me an offer for now if interested.

Thanks
Ernie

Ernies has

dana 60 housing

detroit locker carrier,

4.56 gears I think

strange axles,

wilwood calipers

slotted rotors

and I think he opted for the DTS support cover if not mistaken

15 inch wheels easily mount up

oem drop and swap

I like to road race my truck more than to drag race it. Am I wrong , I don't think a locker rearend is what I want.

HV SRT said:
I like to road race my truck more than to drag race it. Am I wrong , I don't think a locker rearend is what I want.
no sir you would need the tru trac, the locker would kick you back and forth in the curves, not a good choice for road racing

Ram From Hell said:
After 1000 miles, I can say that it's pretty damned subtle for the most part. You notice a little wheel slip/skid at very low speed on very tight turns, but it's not been the slightest bit irritating or problematic. Except for the most knowledgeable of passengers, they'd never know it wasn't stock.

I did have the pinion angle set fairly shallow when it was installed, which might also influence things.
I only have about 100-200 miles on mine and it feels just like you described it.

Stinker could one change to the Tru Trac for DD?

TurboFreak said:
I only have about 100-200 miles on mine and it feels just like you described it.

Stinker could one change to the Tru Trac for DD?
probably so, but the tru trac doesnt support alot of hp

Stinker said:
Ernies has

dana 60 housing

detroit locker carrier,

4.56 gears I think

strange axles,

wilwood calipers

slotted rotors

and I think he opted for the DTS support cover if not mistaken

15 inch wheels easily mount up

oem drop and swap