Ebay motor

Troy's QC SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would the engine have cast pistons? That doesnt make sense. That claim of forged rods is just an assumption by the writer most likely an innocent one

Last edited:
yea maybe, i'm pretty sure its a stock motor, i sent him a message about it...I'm not really interested in the motor anyway, I'm from michigan and my whole family is there so but im not there to check it out and pick it up so i'll let this one pass....Could be a great deal for someone though.....

Wonder if thats the motor that hit the deer at 100 mph? Remember, that truck was a total loss according to the previous owner. ;)

TREKER said:
Wonder if thats the motor that hit the deer at 100 mph? Remember, that truck was a total loss according to the previous owner. ;)
haha I remember that thread I thought it was a jackalope :D :D :D :D :D
jackalope.jpg

This is what he just replied back with!!

Yes it is a fully forged motor. The description came fom Mopar's web site. The cracked rod ends are a factory modification. They are not bad. They freeze the rod ends and break them instead of machining the ends. It saves a machining process and instead of a smooth flat finish there are thousands of small bumps so you are assured a perfect fit and no flex under power. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Karl

- rev281

Troy's QC SRT said:

Yes it is a fully forged motor. The description came fom Mopar's web site. The cracked rod ends are a factory modification. They are not bad. They freeze the rod ends and break them instead of machining the ends. It saves a machining process and instead of a smooth flat finish there are thousands of small bumps so you are assured a perfect fit and no flex under power. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Karl

- rev281

I call :bs:Never heard of any factory modification like that. :confused:

Troy's QC SRT said:

Thanks, Karl

- rev281

Something is still wrong. " fully forged" doesnt go with "cast pistons":confused:Unless cast pistons is a typo.

i concur...im not interested in the motor at all just figured i would post it...fully forged....not.......would still be a good deal if it was a running oem motor anyway though

mr. anderson said:
here's a engine tray package that seems to be the real deal, looks like the pull a part place knows what they are doing. check out the whole link. engine parts were pulled to verify stuff. other than the original kenny bell in the main post it looks legit. looks like a complete plug and plug built engine tranny transplant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-D...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45f20e73d5
and that my friend is a hell of a deal!!!!!!!!im really tempted on this one !!!!!!

Its out of a RC silver in color. build date is 8th hour on december 11, 2003

It was sold out of CA and has no service info. The last odometer reading is at 18,417 on 12/16/05

Just thought i would give ya a little history on where it came from.

This info is in reference to http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-Do...item45f20e73d5

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back