Tool for reaching the hard intake manifold bolt

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other extreme from this Snapon stubby is the 6" version I used and put in my writeup.

I'm a sucker for new unique stuff though! :rock:

so this will make the intake manifold removal easier? If memeory serves me coorect as looking at it its the rear left and right , with the left being the hardest to remove correct?

If so i'll order the tool now and have it waiting on me to do the coils, plugs and wires!

1fast10 said:
if your gonna order it no point in me getting one lol

If you need it before i get back i'll order it and send it to your house if you want Pete.....Let me know cause soon as they tell me thats what it helps im ordering it and sending it to my friends house where all my parts are sitting now!

Troy's QC SRT said:
so this will make the intake manifold removal easier? If memeory serves me coorect as looking at it its the rear left and right , with the left being the hardest to remove correct?

If so i'll order the tool now and have it waiting on me to do the coils, plugs and wires!

WAY easier, its the drivers side 2nd from rear that is the beatch.

Also have a 6" and 4" extension with you. If you put the socket on the 6" extension first, then put the extension through the intake engaging the bolt. Then take the 4" extension and connect it to the 6" that is already on the bolt. Then install your ratchet and remove the bolt. Super easy.

yellowfever#154 said:
WAY easier, its the drivers side 2nd from rear that is the beatch.

Also have a 6" and 4" extension with you. If you put the socket on the 6" extension first, then put the extension through the intake engaging the bolt. Then take the 4" extension and connect it to the 6" that is already on the bolt. Then install your ratchet and remove the bolt. Super easy.

Sounds good bro!!

Pete do you want me to send it to your place?

yellowfever#154 said:
Snap-On guy was just here and showed me a new set of bits that is made by Blue Point. I tried it on my truck while he was here and it will work perfectly to reach the one crappy bolt. It fits directly on a 1/4" extension and is narrow enough to get to the bolt before it hits the intake.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...=24325&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all
Thanks for the Tip. One thing I noticed though, the Snap on page says its country of origin is Taiwan. WTF! I thought Snap-On was USA.

500H V10 said:
Thanks for the Tip. One thing I noticed though, the Snap on page says its country of origin is Taiwan. WTF! I thought Snap-On was USA.

I wonder if that is why the Blue Point stuff is less money, sourced elsewhere and not made by Snap-On?

yellowfever#154 said:
Snap-On guy was just here and showed me a new set of bits that is made by Blue Point. I tried it on my truck while he was here and it will work perfectly to reach the one crappy bolt. It fits directly on a 1/4" extension and is narrow enough to get to the bolt before it hits the intake.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=88842&PartNo=BLPTS1427TP&group_id=24325&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

yep. got 2 of them :rock: :rock: :rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
thats because a mechanic allways looses at least one:D

yep. lmao :aetsch: :aetsch: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :dontknow: :dontknow:

ZCx said:
yep. lmao :aetsch: :aetsch: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :dontknow: :dontknow:
makes ya wonder how many thousands of dollars of tools are laying under intakes going down the road LOLOL

ya name a place & i bet i have found a tool there

:rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

ZCx said:
ya name a place & i bet i have found a tool there

:rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

:toilet: :toilet: really?? lol

RB04 said:
:toilet: :toilet: really?? lol

on a class 8 tractor, yep.

lol:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us