A Safe Nitrous Hit?

HaulinAsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of putting together a nitrous system with a seperate fuel supply set-up as not to tap into the fuel rail and possibly lower the rail psi. I plan to use a dedicated pump for the juice system.

My question is where would the most optimum placement for the nozzle be located at? And which jets would be safe to use when the nitrous is triggered? I thought about placing it upstream in a cold air intake tube, which I also plan on fabbing up myself; but will the nitrous possibly freeze the throttle body wide open??:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Intake air charge is waaayy too hot for that bub.....Zex ran a 150 shot and some other minor bolt-ons that got him an 11.65 1/4 time....thats definately the "bang for the buck" route to take.

My opinion on the Boomer system

You can't go wrong w/boomers set-up. No corners cut. You'll end up with the 3 gauge pod on the pillar, plus 2 gauge pod on the column. heaters, purge, controller....miles of wire that can not be seen,custom length lines, hide away arming in the ash tray....not that anyone could not tell you got something special. Just a sweet professional system. I love what everyone else has done with thier set-up's. I just wanted mine to look like it came in the truck and was not an aftermarket add-on. I searched for the best system,NX's new Lightning carbon fiber was the pro's choice. If your only looking for a quick bang for the buck, there are much cheaper systems, and thats cool.....Funny thing was all my searching brought me full circle right back to X-metal, where you'll always get what you pay for and more anyways.
I know Bottles are for baby's......but baby they really run well on it : )
Whatever way you go......Welcome to the NOSty Club!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1499.JPG
    DSCF1499.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF1496.JPG
    DSCF1496.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF1497.JPG
    DSCF1497.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF1511.JPG
    DSCF1511.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
thanks tommy, i will have some updated pics of your truck in a few more days. the pics above are a work in progress, so they are not done the way they will be at the final stage, as there is a bunch more wire looming to do, etc. but you can get the rough idea from the above pictures. Wazzups truck is an extreme example of our NOs kit, as we can do it from a simple 50 shot on up, but we sell the kit with a fail safe programmer and a custom bolt on kit that is designed exaclty for the SRT10. every kit that is out there only gets your feet wet, and those kits dont include what is nessesary to have a consitant and -safe, operating system, and that has what you really need to do it right, and not have regrets from the ramifications of having something go wrong.
i will elaborate on what it takes to do NOS the RIGHT way in a day or so, it will be a good informative read for anyone interested.
thanks

BOOMER said:
thanks tommy, i will have some updated pics of your truck in a few more days. the pics above are a work in progress, so they are not done the way they will be at the final stage, as there is a bunch more wire looming to do, etc. but you can get the rough idea from the above pictures. Wazzups truck is an extreme example of our NOs kit, as we can do it from a simple 50 shot on up, but we sell the kit with a fail safe programmer and a custom bolt on kit that is designed exaclty for the SRT10. every kit that is out there only gets your feet wet, and those kits dont include what is nessesary to have a consitant and -safe, operating system, and that has what you really need to do it right, and not have regrets from the ramifications of having something go wrong.
i will elaborate on what it takes to do NOS the RIGHT way in a day or so, it will be a good informative read for anyone interested.
thanks

Do you tap into the fuel rail for the additional fuel needed for the hit?

I would like to do a 100-150 shot at first then do pistons and go with a 300 hit. What does the cost run on this kit?

Cost for a complete Nitrous express kit installed with a custom install....again, a good guess. Depending on options it could be more or less. i know Zex has a kit for about $600, but thats a basic kit not installed. With a kit like Boomers your gonna have ALOT more kit and a nice custom install with hidden triggers etc....u get what u pay for.

BOOMER said:
but we sell the kit with a fail safe programmer
thanks

Boomer.....what is a fail safe programmer?? That isn't something you can load different tunes of for various shots it it???:dontknow:

I'll be putting a call in to Mike Woods @ NX and see what type of input he has on this...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back