Catch Can question

sim333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another Catch Can question. For some reason my catch can is wanting to spray oil everywhere. I changed out the filter already thinking that would be the problem but guess not. Any suggestions? I have had my truck going on a year and still havent seen a single drop in the can. I been thinking about taking it off but didnt know if would mess anything up.:dontknow: PLEASE HELP

sim333 said:
I have another Catch Can question. For some reason my catch can is wanting to spray oil everywhere. I changed out the filter already thinking that would be the problem but guess not. Any suggestions? I have had my truck going on a year and still havent seen a single drop in the can. I been thinking about taking it off but didnt know if would mess anything up.:dontknow: PLEASE HELP
Stuff a little steel wool in the bottom of the catch can, See if that works for you.

pull your valve covers off and check and see if they removed the baffles in them when they installed the roller rockers you have ,,,if baffles are missing thats why you are spraying oil ,,

I will try both. For some reason it seems to be coming out of the filter. Which i dont understand since its on top. Thank you guys However what would happen if i removed it anything bad?

whats up man:rock:

seems i remember a breather hose hooked into the brake booster hose.
might be just me, something did not seem right:dontknow: :dontknow:

can ya post up some photos????

ZCx said:

Ill take some now and post in like 30 min. I think you are correct about the booster.

ZCx said:

i think he had a vacuum gauge on that brake booster line :dontknow:

some how i missed seeing that at dyno day or i would have said something bud

#1 take that valve cover breather off oil fill hole,,and take it off catch can ,,that thing is blowing right into your brake booster vacuum line ,,that hose going to brake booster take it off, the one thats rigged up asap ,,dont know why it is like that,,get a normal cap ,,

:dontknow:

the roller rockes will sling a little oil up into that breather ,, i have harland rollers and they dont stand as tall as yours ,and mine will sling it out hole if i leave cap off

you should have one line from left and right valve cover, tee,ed off ,and one line going to catch can, and i would bet money they took your baffles out !

Last edited:
EDIT:

ok after watching video ,,looks like can is right but that breather and line going to booster vacuum line needs to go ,,surprised your not having brake problems

Im going to try to understand this lol get confused easily will take more pics when finished

ok edit #2

looks like you have a jumper hose going from one valve cover to the other on the back ,,then you have a hose coming off breather that goes to catch can ,,,YES??

Thank you and that last vid suck lol I should of said to delete this hose
Photo0603.jpg

sim333 said:
Thank you and that last vid suck lol I should of said to delete this hose
Photo0603.jpg

does that hose go to catch can or booster hose ??

(booster)
Should i put a filter on it or run it to the can as well?

sim333 said:
(booster)
Should i put a filter on it or run it to the can as well?

no booster should be hooked to booster only,,,that rigged up hose coming off booster were do you have it hooked up to ?????????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back