Oil additives?

You know Ken that is a good article, BUT, I ahve used lucas in my rig and personals for years, and check the oil in my rig daily.

Now with that said if it froths up like that would it not be light in color when I check the oil, because I mostly check it after its warm?

the only time I have ever seen oil in that color is when water has been added. Not disputing , just not totally agreeing.:D

Stinker said:
You know Ken that is a good article, BUT, I ahve used lucas in my rig and personals for years, and check the oil in my rig daily.

Now with that said if it froths up like that would it not be light in color when I check the oil, because I mostly check it after its warm?

the only time I have ever seen oil in that color is when water has been added. Not disputing , just not totally agreeing.:D

Good point, and I agree that the mix looks odd....only time I had oil look like that was when the head gasket went in my 85 S-10...:eek:

I'm not too sure about additives either...:dontknow:

Might make a good poll to see who uses them, and who does not. Probably only a "few" contenders out there for additives...Lucas, Redline, and ProBlend :dontknow:

I came to the K.I.S.S. conclusion, and use none at this time.

Last edited:
The Stuff

Try this, it works. I have been running thier product for years, and has more than proven itself thru years of Competive Racing Applications.
Also used in our aircraft engines (different name, read link) and trust me. I wouldn't bet my life on it if it did not work!:idea:
http://www.zmax.com/

includemeout said:
Try this, it works. I have been running thier product for years, and has more than proven itself thru years of Competive Racing Applications.
Also used in our aircraft engines (different name, read link) and trust me. I wouldn't bet my life on it if it did not work!:idea:
Is Z-Max the company that used to have those infomercials using an engine on a dyno and a bunch of guys around it going ga ga over how great it was?

For an interesting read, see how the FTC approved all of their advertising claims:
http://www.zmax.com/ftc.html

I use Lucas, ,my oil doesnt come out milky like that either. Even after an oil change the color remains normal. Not sure what to say about the results, but I have used the additive in my truck and my Acura TL 2.5 with great results (smoother idle for ex.)

V10ToGo said:
Is Z-Max the company that used to have those infomercials using an engine on a dyno and a bunch of guys around it going ga ga over how great it was?

For an interesting read, see how the FTC approved all of their advertising claims:
http://www.zmax.com/ftc.html

Yup, that is what happens to legit companies when over zealous Lawyers file Class Action Law Suits to line thier pockets at the consumers expence.
Bottom line it is cheaper to offer refunds than Pay Lawyers
Getting an FAA approvel is no small task, I know having been involved with the Dry Lube System ( a graphite treatment) development and testing.
To get FAA approvel the product Must do a benificial service to the engine.
This is determaned by wear of engine parts in a 500 hr full service load.
2 (two) identical engines are used, 1(one) is as delivered from maker the other is treated. After the run the treated engine Must show significantly
less wear( "a benificial service") in order to gain FAA approvel.

To end my disertation, I would like to point out that is why they can and are still selling thier product. No other product that I am aware of has gained the
FAA approvel.
Nice read though:p

I have used Lucas additives since day one, I have 43,000 miles and have never had a problem or seen any difference in color or consistency of the oil. I use it in my fuel also!!

Good Stuff!!!:rock:

Dumb Question that has probably been asked a million times,,, but where can I buy some of this Lucas stuff? Is it available on-line only?

portlandsrt said:
Dumb Question that has probably been asked a million times,,, but where can I buy some of this Lucas stuff? Is it available on-line only?
I saw it at Advance Auto the other day. I know NAPA carries it too.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I saw it at Advance Auto the other day. I know NAPA carries it too.

So is Lucas the same thing as Zmax? And exactly which product do we get?

Last edited:
Advanced auto sells it for sure. No,Lucas and Zmax are two different name brand additives. Lucas is a Major NHRA Drag Race sponsor,most of the Top Fuel teams use it, and you nor I can load a bearing surface anywhere close to a nitro engine with 8,000 horsepower.Zmax also sponsors some drag cars too. Either would be good to use with Mobil 1.

mopower1958 said:
Advanced auto sells it for sure. No,Lucas and Zmax are two different name brand additives. Lucas is a Major NHRA Drag Race sponsor,most of the Top Fuel teams use it, and you nor I can load a bearing surface anywhere close to a nitro engine with 8,000 horsepower.Zmax also sponsors some drag cars too. Either would be good to use with Mobil 1.
I've been reading about the Z-Max but am still leary of all this hockus pockus stuff. I guess if the FTC cannot disprove their claims then it must be ok. The video earlier showing the Lucas oil additive making the oil milky is of some concern but those here who have actually used it still stand by it.

Last edited:
includemeout said:

Have you run it in your truck? How much did you add?

edit: I looked at the web site, but I don't know which product I need. I'm just looking for something to add to the oil during my next oil change for everyday driving.

Last edited:
Actually Smoke with synthetic you really dont need anythingto be honest, its great right out of the bottle especially mobil 1

but I think I am going to do the same test that guy did, I call bullshit on lucas turning oil to a milky white:dontknow:

Ive been using Lucus in my GN for years, Royal Purple oil,,,,, 29lbs of boost. It dosent turn it white:rock: And it works. I blew the heads off my last engine, and the bottom end was perfect!:proud:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back