Anyone Tow with Regular Cab?

i dont but i have a friend who does and he says any thing bigger than a jet ski and the truck feels and souds real funny

I think it depends on how far you pull it. There are two (out of about 15) Tremec T-56 transmissions listed by the manufacturer that handle over 500 ft lbs. (one is 550 and one is 650), so I assume that we have one of those. The bad news is that none of the T-56's are rated for use in a vehicle over 3600 lbs. I believe your Coronet is at least 3000 lbs. in addition to a 1200 lb. trailer, + the 5100 lb. truck.

mopowr someone did and i dont remember whom it was, with the mods you have you shouldnt have a problem, I would however put a set of overload bags on like I have on the QC to keep from bottoming out. Other than that your truck should be fine.

Hamrhead used to tow a trailer with his Syclone on it.

Bill.

Thanks Begood I figured someone would remember!!

You got to remember Mopower you have 500hp and trq, the onlly limiting factor is the clutch and the rear springs

mopower1958 said:
Has anyone attempted to tow a car on a trailer with a RC? I want to tow my '67 Coronet to the Nats in August and I was wondering if anyone had attempted it.

From what I have heard from Mopar the clutch is the weak link ,the rest of the drive train should be no problem as I doubt you will be doing launchs with a trailer . If you have a stock clutch too many dead starts may cause you some problems There was also said if they find out it voids the warrenty
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Ive got the stuff on order to tow with my RC, I'll be pulling my Charger or SRT4 around on my 21' rollback (about 6000#'s with the Charger). I have seen a RC pulling a viper before on a 18' trailer without problems, and I have a centerforce sitting here when my stocker craps out. I also think the clutch is the weak link, My buddy launches his 9 second viper on slicks and 200 shot on the stock tranny without problems :dontknow:
Justin

towing is no issue for our trucks. I tow around my 03 Cobra and have towed a 04 Ford Lightning on a trailer with my golf cart in the back. round trip was about 100 miles and had no problems.

key thing to remember is to not slip the clutch on take off and to not give it any gas if at all possible. other than that no biggie. also my truck 23K miles i have been doing it since day one almost every weekend to the track.

Begood said:
Hamrhead used to tow a trailer with his Syclone on it.

Bill.
Yep - That was me!:D

The Syclone was about 3,500lbs. and the trailer was 1,500lbs. Just be sure to center the vehicle on the trailer so there's not too much weight on the back of the SRT, and it's just fine.

All I can say is that if you're good with the clutch and use simple common sense, you should have no problems at all. Just be careful pulling out from a stop not to slip the clutch too much, and accelerate gently.

I was able to pull away from a stop without even touching the accelerator, then once the clutch was fully engaged, I fed it some fuel. Obviously NO full throttle pulls, though you shouldn't need to - the truck has so much torque it just pulls effortlessly!:rock:

I never even had a hint of the clutch slipping, and this was when I still had those tall 4.11 gears. With 4.56's it'd be even easier!

Knowing what I know now, I have no reservations about ever towing with this truck if need be.

joanne and I have talked about getting rid of the QC and getting another RC to tow with, I was gonna upgrade the clutch and put bags on the rear, and 4.56 gears if it was a 04 other than that, should tow fine:)

Heres a few pics of my towing package install:

100_1744.JPG

100_1745.JPG

100_1743.JPG

I used the Mopar Accessories add on class 4 hitch and the add on wiring harness kit. I also used the L-bracket for the 7-pin connector (modified a little for better appearance). I hid my trailer brake controller in the lower console. Overall a pretty easy and clean install, I had to slightly grind out the bumper at the hitch (it would be hidden by the cutout plate if ever reinstalled). It was definitely time consuming however, dont ever hesitate to order the trailer tow option on your new truck if its available! If anyone needs these parts to install a hitch setup on their RC, PM me and I can get a package deal together with all Mopar parts.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
I used the Mopar Accessories add on class 4 hitch and the add on wiring harness kit. I also used the L-bracket for the 7-pin connector (modified a little for better appearance). I hid my trailer brake controller in the lower console. Overall a pretty easy and clean install, I had to slightly grind out the bumper at the hitch (it would be hidden by the cutout plate if ever reinstalled). It was definitely time consuming however, dont ever hesitate to order the trailer tow option on your new truck if its available! If anyone needs these parts to install a hitch setup on their RC, PM me and I can get a package deal together with all Mopar parts.
Justin
That is a real nice, clean install Justin - Nice Job!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back