PCM Stage 2 ?'s

BlackViperRam04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what it does to you guys with QC's but what exactly does the stage 2 do to the RC's? If you haven't already guessed I have a RC and am curious about what it will do for mine. I think I'm going to put some 4.88s in first but I just want to know for when I'm at that point. Thanks.

personally I dont think the flash does quit as much for the rc's as the qc's, but it still will advance timing and fuel, plus you can have them adjust when the cooling fan comes on.

I think a few guys with rc's have it maybe they will chime in.

the quads get more advantage because their program is more detuned than the regular cabs because of the automatic tranny.

these are just my thoughts,but if you plan mild mods, exhaust, gears etc, it would probably be a great idea.

It also turns off the WOT timer delay.

With the RC stage II flash the truck will feel stronger much lower in the rpm band. It was one of the best bang for the buck mods that I have done to my truck.

I had the DC flash and the vec 2 in my RC.... I liked the flexibility of the vec... but the vec can't do it all... the flash is a MUST have imo...

I got the DC Stage 2 flash before my gears and Headers/Mid pipes.

When I installed it I immediately noticed the truck pulled stronger through the RPM range. It just feels 'livelier'(if that's a word?) all of the time. Good Mod!:rock:

If you decide to get one, consider getting the extra PCM so that you can swap the stocker back in should you need warranty work.

A couple guys have done 4.88 gears too. I went with 4.56's and I can tell you they are also a great mod for a N/A truck!:rock:

I have mine for sale as I am going a different route. $700 includes me sending it back to B&G to program in your VIN and shipping to you from B&G. email me at [email protected] if you have an interest - john

I havent gotten the ecm yet, plan too just havent bought it yet. But I do have 4.88's. Oh boy, get ready. Talk about waking up your truck. A huge huge improvement over the stock 4.10's. I have not run at the track but for everyday driving they are awesome. Traction is now an option. Truck feels way way lighter now. Bought the gears through Unitrax, (get new bearings too) and had my local dodge dealer install. No whistles, noises whatsoever. An excellent install.

patrick

Here is a copy of what it does.

STAGE 2(91 or 93 OCT)- Revised aggressive timing & fuel tables(Auto/Manual), Shift point raised to 5950 rpm, Rev limit raised to 6200 rpm, Hyd fan duty cycle modified approx. 15 degrees cooler, Torque management modified(Automatic only).This upgrade has dyno power gains of approx. 80HP/100 ft lbs torque @ 3500 RPM. "Based on 05SRT10 automatic tested at DCPERFORMANCE.

Here is a link http://www.bgchrysler.com/Service/High_Performance_B_G_Flash/high_performance_b_g_flash.html and another one http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/

I have both also. Either one has specific advantages. If you got the money, get both, especially for a QC. VEC is just a piggy back where the stage 2 is a complete reflash. I dyno'd both of them (at Roe) separately. Each one had about the same total gains. At some RPMs the flash did better, other RPMs the VEC with Roe's standard tune did better. However, when I put the VEC on top of the stage 2, my gains were even greater. I did not post the dyno gains, so the venders (and us) would not fight over validity, testing methods, or better yet, which way to swing. :D Similar gains, just have to decide what you are going to do with your truck.

Ads:
VEC you can constantly tune, have different tunes with cards, and add their meth kit.
Flash can raise RPM limit, shift firmness (QC), change fan settings; along with an improved tune.

IMHO, if you have a QC and not going to mod a great amount, get the flash. If you have a RC and going to substantially mod, NOS, Meth Inject, and tune, then get the VEC. Anywhere in between, you have to make a tough choice, or get both.

80HP/100 ft lbs torque @ 3500 RPM. "Based on 05SRT10 automatic tested at DCPERFORMANCE.

Realistic numbers that I have seen, are about half of above on a modded truck. Probably get better numbers on a stock truck where the flash will lean it out a bit in the upper RPMs.

Last edited:
Same for me..Low end feels stronger with stage 2 PCM, based on my ass dyno with mine and then driving IZ's without. Low much torquer and it launches harder, but IZ walks away from me in the high revs. I have the Volant though which we think may be hurting than helping. Should know more this weekend, we plan on playing with two trucks to see what really works. He uses the K and N drop in. Probably didn't help you much, did it.:D

I havent installed the Stage II flash on top of my Vec2 (Currently being upgraded to a Vec 3 ;) ) because I plant to run NoS. With the Vec, I can just slide my NoS card in and reduce the timing and add fuel or slide my custom tune in when not running Nos. If I had a stage II I would have to swap PCM's each time....

The Vec2/3 is awesome and allows me to run summer and winter tunes as well as tune my truck after each mod. Its the best mod I have done to date.

If I wasnt planning on running NoS I would have both ;)

Iltemprd said:
Same for me..Low end feels stronger with stage 2 PCM, based on my ass dyno with mine and then driving IZ's without. Low much torquer and it launches harder, but IZ walks away from me in the high revs. I have the Volant though which we think may be hurting than helping. Should know more this weekend, we plan on playing with two trucks to see what really works. He uses the K and N drop in. Probably didn't help you much, did it.:D

how is that? what mods does he have? driver mod maybe?

i know that for a fact the rc i just bought from slow91 is stock, except for magnaflo exhaust, and i had my qc with cai, magnaflo and stage 2 flash, walked away when he went into 3rd gear. but there has been remarks of his driving as if it had more work done to it than he claimed which is false cause i bought it from him shortly thereafter.

#1 mod is driver mod

had_to_have_it said:
how is that? what mods does he have? driver mod maybe?

i know that for a fact the rc i just bought from slow91 is stock, except for magnaflo exhaust, and i had my qc with cai, magnaflo and stage 2 flash, walked away when he went into 3rd gear. but there has been remarks of his driving as if it had more work done to it than he claimed which is false cause i bought it from him shortly thereafter.

#1 mod is driver mod
I really don't understand what your driving at, but I said that I had driven both trucks myself. His without the PCM upgrade and mine with. I feel the low end difference with mine but his pulls quicker in the third gear. This was confirmed when we put them up against each other, I would launch harder but he would walk away when we are BOTH in third gear. Yes there is driver difference's, but when your both in third gear and you both are floored and his truck walks away, you can say there is a difference. Driver is really a non issue, unless the weight of the driver is a concern. If so, he's got my ass kicked. This is why we are looking at the Volant verses the K an N drop in.

IZ's 05 RC mods -Magnaflow , K an N drop in.
My 05 RC mods - Magnaflow, Volant CAI, Stage 2 PCM

Last edited:
Iltemprd said:
I really don't understand what your driving at, but I said that I had driven both trucks myself. His without the PCM upgrade and mine with. I feel the low end difference with mine but his pulls quicker in the third gear. This was confirmed when we put them up against each other, I would launch harder but he would walk away when we are BOTH in third gear. Yes there is driver difference's, but when your both in third gear and you both are floored and his truck walks away, you can say there is a difference. Driver is really a non issue, unless the weight of the driver is a concern. If so, he's got my ass kicked. This is why we are looking at the Volant verses the K an N drop in.

i understand you drove both and i understand you lined them up. what i dont understand is how a truck with a stage 2 flash loses to a stock pcm. is he powershifting and you aren't? that is how slow91 drove his and it seemed like the truck had more mods than it did.

Iltemprd said:

My truck is stock,:burnout: and I remember walking away from your truck in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.:dontknow: With Mikey driving.:D

had_to_have_it said:
i understand you drove both and i understand you lined them up. what i dont understand is how a truck with a stage 2 flash loses to a stock pcm. is he powershifting and you aren't? that is how slow91 drove his and it seemed like the truck had more mods than it did.
OK...Lets try this. We are both in 3rd gear at a 50 MPH roll...we are both evenly lined up for the most part...we punch it together..we accelerate...he slowly pulls away from me. Now off the line I will take him but once we we hit 3rd he pulls by. We think the air intakes are the difference but are not sure. Believe me, we don't understand why its happening either. We have raced around together alot in these things to understand why this is happening. IZ will be on here soon, maybe he can give you his input. Its going to be the Black verses Red thing though.lol. Are you comparing a Quad cab with a flash and an RC without? Two different animals.:dontknow:

Last edited:
sleeper said:
My truck is stock,:burnout: and I remember walking away from your truck in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.:dontknow: With Mikey driving.:D
LOL!!. I see you have the pictures to prove it, nice avatar.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back