Ram air for stock box

SRT-IZ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dont think that the air going around the side is enough so i cut out a hole at the bottom of the box and installed an alluminum tube that i made from my beer cans:D . He he, jk. its from an old air intake i had laying around. I bought the black plastic piece at your local hadware store.....Looks great and it performs much better.:rock:

The black tape you see is just for support so the silicone that i used to seal the box dries at that angle. And if the pics come out huge, sorry. Im having a little trouble re-sizing...:(

Attachments

• DSCN1485.JPG
    DSCN1485.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 296
  • DSCN1486.JPG
    DSCN1486.JPG
    825.4 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN1500.JPG
    DSCN1500.JPG
    790.1 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCN1489.JPG
    DSCN1489.JPG
    728.5 KB · Views: 280
Good Job Izzy:rock: . I'm glad you didn't use the Rosarita Refried bean cans instead :p ;) :D

Nice! I like it !!

I just posted a complete oem air filter box for sale just incase someone wants to try this out without using there oem box :D

Take the "air/blocker" off also...it keeps the engine bay cooler without it.
Not much dust on the engine..a little.

296112.jpg

296114.jpg

Yours looks great, and alot less expensive!

Nice mod,
Quick

Last edited:
It performs much better once you get going and forcing some air in there. It only cost me about 10$ bucks to do..:D

SRT-IZ-4me said:
It performs much better once you get going and forcing some air in there. It only cost me about 10$ bucks to do..:D
Seal off the fender well opening inside the air box and you will experience true ram air effect ;) ;) :D :rock:

Wifey said:
Seal off the fender well opening inside the air box and you will experience true ram air effect ;) ;) :D :rock:
Add $2.00 for silicone and a taco bell box and you are still under $15.00 :rock:

Just be carefull in the rain, your filter will be wet!

Wifey said:
Add $2.00 for silicone and a taco bell box and you are still under $15.00 :rock:
Well I bought Black silicone and the Taco-bell but my burritos dint come in a box.....Hey cool, i have a burrito warmer next to the air box....:rock:

SWIFT said:
Just be carefull in the rain, your filter will be wet!
Well since it only rains about once every other year here and the very rare 4 minute blizzards, im not worried.......:D

QuickSilver said:
Who drives in the rain?

Quick

if i had a burrito warmer i would drive in ther rain, snow and sleet. :D mod looks good. :burnout:

Got to drive it after his mod and it does make a noticeable improvement.:burnout: We are going to do something similar to mine this weekend with the Volant.:D

Iltemprd said:
Got to drive it after his mod and it does make a noticeable improvement.:burnout: We are going to do something similar to mine this weekend with the Volant.:D
So do you admit that BLACK is faster than red???:D :rock:

SRT-IZ-4me said:
So do you admit that BLACK is faster than red???:D :rock:
That would be like saying the 49ers are actually a better team than the Broncos. The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in awhile.:D :p

Last edited:
Iltemprd said:
That would be like saying the 49ers are actually a better team than the Broncos. The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in awhile.:D :p
UUUUHHHH didnt we kick your a$$ out of the playoffs?? In Denver??:D
Comming over Saturday for my Beer! :beer:

Got Jell-O? Bwaahaaha

SRT-IZ-4me said:
UUUUHHHH didnt we kick your a$$ out of the playoffs?? In Denver??:D
Comming over Saturday for my Beer! :beer:

Got Jell-O? Bwaahaaha
OK....stay with me on this one..Even the sun...shines on.... a dogs ass.....EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE.:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back