how to install T172?

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey y'all, okay my T172 is going to be arrvied soon, i want to be prepare to install it so i want to find the old one located. for while i couldnt find it and i start got confused. can anyone please help me where to install it and a list of to do in order to install it and please post some pix too thanks y'all!

follow the hose that come of the top of the radeator,,,,, that is the t stat housing, take of hose , big channel locks will deal with clamp just fine,,,,, remove the 4 bolts " bottom left is pain in ass" . take old t stat out , put in new ,,,,put back together the same way you took off

DRamSrt10 said:
thanks! i am printing that out so i can use it during i install the new one

Good luck. The sad thing is I have a T-stat that I still haven't installed. Coming up on a year now and still no install. Let us know how your install goes.

Smoke

smoke its about a 15 minute job, like they said bottom left bolt is a pita, other than that its simple

FlyingLow said:
Good luck. The sad thing is I have a T-stat that I still haven't installed. Coming up on a year now and still no install. Let us know how your install goes.

Smoke

Get you a case of beer and get to work...:D

have yer old lady under the truck draining the radiator fluids....and then your man fluids while she is down there

haha thanks y'all for help man! i just got it today and i notice that it is not excatly look like what i thought from x-metal pix it have spring on top of it and maybe a copper block inside the spring? is it should be like that? Flyinglow, do u have same as that? also it kind made a little rattled noise, is that normal?

Last edited:
Here is a pic of mine. I have no rattling nosies.

Attachments

• DSCF0800.JPG
    DSCF0800.JPG
    457 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0802.JPG
    DSCF0802.JPG
    445.4 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back