05 QC 6 disc radio problems and my options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul G, Apr 16, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. Paul G

Paul G Full Access Member

The radio has been acting up for a while now. The volume control wont lower or raise correctly. Volume will go up or down regardless of which way I am turning the dial or which steering wheel volume button I push. Now the CD changer cycles through all the discs each time the truck is started, does it if radio is off or on, very annoying, and there are no CD's in it. One CD got stuck a while back and took forever to get it out. And the CD player skips badly.

Can this unit be sent anywhere for repair? I would prefer to keep it original if possible, but am open to an aftermarket head unit as long as I dont have to cut anything up.

2. BryenW

BryenW New Member

I had great success with sending the one out of my 06 with the changer in to infotaiment.com. They fixed the joystick and the changer. I had a couple of disks that were stuck in and they went through it and fixed everything. Works flawlessly now.

Wifey and GSJake like this.
  3. VIPR PWR

VIPR PWR Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mine acts weird also ,,,, turns on but no sound ,,, then all of a sudden the sound starts .. it’s pretty regular but still intermittent .. any ideas ... I did hear a on off buzzing noise coming from the dash once .. you know a wtf is that type of noise ,,, shut the truck off and still heard it ,, went on then went off again and again then stopped ,, only happened once ...
    also the drivers side speaker was buzzing bad when it first started .. found nothing wrong with the speaker or wires in the door .. even kept making the noise when I shit the truck off for a while .. hasn’t done that for a while now .. no idea wtf iOS or was happening ... help anyone lol ?

4. MGVIPERTRUCK

MGVIPERTRUCK SPG > MPG Supporting Member

They go out after awhile, my screen started getting garbled awhile back but everything else still worked...If you're wanting to stay stock and easiest fix then just get a take out unit off of ebay, you can usually find them for ~$200-500. I just swapped out my REC NAV unit on my 06 QC with one from an 08 Jeep Commander and it worked perfect, plug and play! Had it swapped out in about 15 minutes.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  5. GSJake

GSJake Active Member

This is a reputable company +1

6. VIPR PWR

Bot double post .. damn ... get rid of this jerk

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Administrator

Gone.

8. VIPR PWR

Zapped ,, put in the hole .. way to go Shaggy ..

9. CaptnCrash

CaptnCrash Full Access Member

I have 2 nearly new 6 disk units sitting in a closet. I put the nav units in to replace them. If anyone is interested let me know.

10. mikeH

mikeH Full Access Member

If you wanna message me a price, I may be interested in one of them. They out of an 04? 05? Or 06? Thanks! -Mike