07 headlights

love dodge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 tail lights

Has anyone attempted to swap our truck tail lights to a 07?
I got mine on the mail yesterday and let me see what i can do about it...One thing i already know our tail lights has three lights and the 07 only two..i may have to split the cables and match with the 06 cables.....if anyone attempted before let me know...

Last edited:
love dodge said:
Has anyone attempted to swap our truck headlights to a 07?
I got mine on the mail yesterday and let me see what i can do about it...One thing i already know our headlights has three lights and the 07 only two..i may have to split the cables and match with the 06 cables.....if anyone attempted before let me know...

The third cable is for the small bulb at the bottom. I'd remove the bulb (I think it's a 194) and tie it up and let it be. I assume you've got an 06. . . .

RaiderJay6 said:
I went the other way from 07's to 06's.

Do you want to get rid of your 07's? :dontknow:

nooo!!! i made a mistake

Damn guys i'm sorry i posted the thread wrong...stupid me.....Its tail lights not headlights......soorry people my bad.....

I guess i just did what newbies do....posted wrong.....sorry !!!
Anyways has anyone attempted before?

No worries bro. :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

PM GriffsSRT. He's got an 07 work truck. He may be able to tell you what the additional wire is for.

I got rid of the headlights a while ago after trying to bake them to paint them black.

As for the tail lights you have to do alot to make them work. The 07's use a different and smaller back-up light too.

Thats right...The 06 has one connector and it connects to a big "board" and 07 has two diferent connectors...one for the back up light and the other for the remaining lights.....But they all connected by five wires....i'm gonna try to split them into the two 07 sockets..

Wont work dont try it, The lights are controlled by the computer on 07's you will get a brake light or a running light never both to work... Good luck...

STUDBOYZ said:
Wont work dont try it, The lights are controlled by the computer on 07's you will get a brake light or a running light never both to work... Good luck...
Thats sucks, i thought for sure you would have been able to find whats what with the wires and make it work fine:dontknow:

Scott, the 06 has a small marker bulb at the bottom, where the 07 has nothing. I thing the only "issue" is you'd have to tie up the un-used pig-tail.

Roz-SRT said:
Scott, the 06 has a small marker bulb at the bottom, where the 07 has nothing. I thing the only "issue" is you'd have to tie up the un-used pig-tail.
Yeah, maybe just remove the buld and zip tie it out of the way. Everything else should work just fine...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back