2004 SRT 10 with 1926 miles on it

mhackett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this truck, I want to change the oil and transmission fluid. I'm going to put Mobil 1 in it. But A I have seen some guys say up to 10qts then others say 8.5.. what is it? also tranny fluid what should go back in it?

Last edited:
8.5 in the pan. The last 1.5 you pour on top the engine to keep it from getting corroded.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I have to figure out how to post pics up.. Its silver with nav..Im thinking with the miles there cant be a lot of them like this out there?? after this weekend its up to 2066..

Royal purple 10 30. 8.5 Qts. Mobile 1 is fine. Used it for the first 4 or 5 years. Got royal purple on sale once and just felt different and seemed quieter (to me) so I kept on. Also running RP atf in my manual transmission.

mine is noisy, the truck has been babied. RP? I see a lot of guys running red line d4 synthetic transmission fluid.. But its for a automatic ?? thats ok?

Yeh. Auto Trans fluid is fine. It'll make the Trans noisier but shifts way better especially in winter. RP (royal purple )

I just ordered Volant Cold Air Intake System... Seems to be the way to go???

I just ordered Volant Cold Air Intake System... Seems to be the way to go???
I wouldn't personally. I've always heard from others the best bet is k&n drop in filter in the factory box. The hood scoop is a negative air pressure area. Many hood scoops have been sucked out and lost on the highway.

Oh Ill never drive this truck in the rain, I have a few Hot rods and bikes this is just another toy in the shop.. But good to know bc it shifts like shit now.

wow i really looked around and seen a lot of good about it made the most HP out of all of them... That sucks!

Oh Ill never drive this truck in the rain, I have a few Hot rods and bikes this is just another toy in the shop.. But good to know bc it shifts like shit now.
I try not to drive mine in rain but have been forced to a time or two in the last couple of years. Also imho the jtsvp shifter is a great plus.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back