2006 Dodge Ram Thunder Road Pace Truck

kennygene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who is telling me of a 2006 Thunder Road 2x4 that paced Daytona. The truck he has pictured has ground effects like a Daytona or Rumble Bee. It has a hood with a raised scoop and then has SRT 10 wheels. Can anybody give me any information on this truck or is it a hoax?:dontknow:

I think it is a hoax. I believe the thunder road had basic upgrades in the interior. It just a hemi 4x4. That person did all those other things. Some thunder roads even had the 4.7 hemi

This truck was a 2x4 with thunder road badging?

As far as I know the only Dodge truck to pace Daytona was the SRT-10 VCA trucks. The "Electric Blue" with white stripes. And the VCA trucks you see driving around are really only replicas of the pace truck. I think Daytona requires it's pace vehicles to be automatics. The VCA trucks are 6 speeds. I think once the pace trucks were retired, they were crushed unless they were warehoused away somewhere (area 51 :dontknow:).

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_news/112_news_040205_dodge/index.html

its a hoax, is not a pace truck it my have driven the drivers around the track durring introductions before the race but i dont rember Dodges pacing daytona, talladega yes, daytona no. but i may be mistaken but iss not a pace truck

The story was changed to there being 300 made all together. These trucks were "supposedly" sent from Dodge to an aftermarket comapny and then sent back to and sold through Dodge. I am thinking the entire story has been fabricated. The truck has SRT 10 wheels in the photos but I was told they were 20s instead of our 22s. I wish I had the photo but it was not offered.

thunder road just has the ground effects kit. also some have the rumble be hood but not the srt hood.
1033600_14.jpg

Silverbullet08 said:
thunder road just has the ground effects kit. also some have the rumble be hood but not the srt hood.
1033600_14.jpg

they came out same time and the rumble bee called the HEMI sport - Quad cab

115-1585_IMG.JPG

imgres

Last edited:
The ThunderRoad was sold a lot in Texas and there is also a Hemi Sport.You can also have a Hemi Sport ThunderRoad but I thought they stopped making them in 05. :dontknow: Here in the US the Hemi Sport only came in a Quad Cab but in other countries it came in RC also like the Daytona and Rumble Bee.

Here is a pic of a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RC Hemi Sport ThunderRoad(what a mouth full, lol).
Dodge1.jpg

The GTX is also nice.........(borrowed from the plymouth belvedere GTX, 1967...:dontknow: )

I've seen the Thunderroad package when I bought my '04 qc new. It was a 4x4 Lariame (sp) package. Had all the ground effects and I remember a tailgate badge. A little overdone IMO. I figure it was the same as the Big Horn edition, Lone Star edition, etc...

TurboFreak said:
The ThunderRoad was sold a lot in Texas and there is also a Hemi Sport.You can also have a Hemi Sport ThunderRoad but I thought they stopped making them in 05. :dontknow: Here in the US the Hemi Sport only came in a Quad Cab but in other countries it came in RC also like the Daytona and Rumble Bee.

Here is a pic of a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RC Hemi Sport ThunderRoad(what a mouth full, lol).

Dodge1.jpg

damn is that a 3/4 ton short wheel base ,,damn i wish i could find one here in the usa

Ironhead said:
damn is that a 3/4 ton short wheel base ,,damn i wish i could find one here in the usa

Yeah, 2500? That's wild! I saw a 2006 RAM 1500 MegaCab with 8 lug wheels. I had no idea there was a 1500 with 8 lug wheels. I took a double take!

EMT/SRT said:
Yeah, 2500? That's wild! I saw a 2006 RAM 1500 MegaCab with 8 lug wheels. I had no idea there was a 1500 with 8 lug wheels. I took a double take!

yea well technically its not a 1500. megacabs are on the 2500 frame and have the solid front axle

didnt they make one VCA a auto to be used as a pace truck then it was "destroyed"?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back