2011 R/T vs 2004 GTO

Nice, 14.4's in a 4x4 truck ain't bad at all

14.4 at 4k+ DA ;)

That's a 13.8 Truck at sea level on a cool evening run in Texas :)

I know you guys have to deal with heat issues too through most of the Summer/Fall,
but at least you can run year round and get some better times in the Winter.

Our track closes next week until May 2012 for Winter :(

...Road Trip! :rock:

Yeah we're still getting into the 90's down here, bout another month till good racing weather. Come on down i only live 2 miles from the track

Hey man bring that baby to Cecil Ga november for the Southern Truck Shootout, i could use another badass hemi to help me rep :rock:

Well my only "street" tires are Heavy All Terrain 305/50R20 Terra Grapppler's
on stock 20" wheels that weigh in at over 90lbs each and suck with just 3.55 gears and an open rear diff.

027-1.jpg

I just murdered out my wheels yesterday with Plasti-Dip (crappy pic from my crackberry last night)
1920.jpg

0707.jpg

Despite the weight and poor gearing I still pulled out a 14.498/93.9 on a hot August afternoon at 4100' DA = 13.87/98.2 DA corrected, about 3 days after I beat that G8.

005.jpg

DA3531.jpg

Here's a closer view of my DR's on Black 17"x 9" Moto Metal 951's

Y-05.jpg

BlackMamba03.jpg

... from last year ...with Rad (yellow446) and Norbert (Hucksrt10)

074.jpg

073.jpg

Cobra-1.jpg

IMG_1738-1.jpg

IMG_1744-1.jpg

When track prep isnt 100%, launching in awd (4WD auto setting) gets me out of the hole real quick!
once I re-gear to 4.56's and add a locker I'll be able to go to a larger Drag Radial to fill th wheel well a little better

Hey Dan, notice his timeslips? He's running 8.8's in the 8th, with 3.55's, which means my R/T is gonna spank that ass next time we meet :D

Cody, you have that R/T looking damn nice. I like that all blacked out look.

Yup, Dash Kit from CarID is a combo of Piano Black/Carbon Fiber
the Hurst is from a Comp Stick kit for a new Challenger

before/after
TNT005.jpg

inside.jpg

I had the Mopar Chally Chrome T at first, but it was a little too close to my Trinity

The Hurst Kit# is 5380402, it aint cheap so you have to shop around
I stumbled on mine almost by accident at a local speed shop, $190
I figure I can get $100 for the old Chrome T and Chally Billet Baseplate to recoup some of that.

065.jpg

064.jpg

Last edited:
Man that does look nice. The local dealership has a Hemi express what's the difference in the express and r/t other than leather interior. The truck is only like 25k and looks pretty nice

The Express is a stripped down Sport
that comes in RCSB 2wd or 4wd.

Main diff inside:
Split bench with column shift, no upper glove box, two tone tan interior
it also gives up a few electronic features like the EVIC and Auto Dim mirror's etc.
Sport comes standard with full power windows/locks, Express comes standard with cranks (power is optional though)

The main exterior differences:
Dual headlamp (Express)
Quad headlamps Sport and R/T models

Silver Painted 20"x8" Wheels (Express)
Forged Alcoa 22"x9" Wheels (R/T)

Black Textured Mirrors and Door Handles (Express)
R/T and Sport get color matched door handles and mirrors
power/heated mirrors with marker lights and puddle lamps.

Drive train difference
2300 stall TC (Express)
2600 stall TC ( R/T)

Gears
3.55:1 standard, optional 3.92, optional LSD (Express)
4.10:1 with LSD is standard for the R/T

Last edited:
Im gonna send some of my interior pieces to Eddie for some carbonfiber work, but im gonna have to getthat Hurst shifter, effin love it!!!

The express is really plain inside, and you don't get the onbpard indash computer that tells trans temp, oil temp, pressures, and loads of other info...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back