305/45/zr22 tires and pinion update

slinkypete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, would someone Please tell me the pinion factor that needs to be updated in the computer for my tire size change to 305/45zr22 tires. I just bought a set of Continental cross contacts from Summit and want my speedometer to be accurate. I saw the info on this site but can't find it again. I would appreciate the help and thanks in advance. Summit was the only place i could find a z speed rated tire this size. IMO they look way better than the 305/40/22's.

Damn how you find Conti Cross Contact? I looked all over and every warehouse or tire shop around here is sold out and can't get them anymore. I ended up going with Firestone Destination which happen to be just as good, in my driving conditions, as the Conti's in my opinion!

305/45/zr22

I just bought them a couple of weeks ago, I just checked and they have at least 3 sets left.

Damn couple days short on that...Man everyone down here checked and could not get them....

Summit charged me 1175 for 4 delivered, I thought that was high but what u going to do?

Hi, would someone Please tell me the pinion factor that needs to be updated in the computer for my tire size change to 305/45zr22 tires. I just bought a set of Continental cross contacts from Summit and want my speedometer to be accurate. I saw the info on this site but can't find it again. I would appreciate the help and thanks in advance. Summit was the only place i could find a z speed rated tire this size. IMO they look way better than the 305/40/22's.

Not sure if that's an available change in the PCM?:dontknow: Thought the rear end sensor would read and adapt but not sure?

I ended up going with Firestone Destination which happen to be just as good, in my driving conditions, as the Conti's in my opinion!

A little off-topic but finally someone with the Destinations and of course it's the day my Nittos show up at the door. I could get them at cost which would have been cheap but couldn't find anyone who had used them so I ended up going Nitto darn it....

Alright back on-topic...

I found the post by Moparconnection it says-" if you do change your tire size make sure you change your pinion factor for the new size... the 305-45-22 is 615 rpm vs. 638 rpm on the 305-40-22 " which is stored in the abs module.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back