3rd break Down in less than a month??? Truck may be out the door?

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for the 3rd time the truck is down and in the shop. My truck threw a P0470 code or something like that refering to the torque convertor. Truck was riding like ass and skipping down the road. I'm so tired of the truck lately that I'm thinking the best thing to do is put it on the market for sale again. I've only had it for a year and out of that year it's been down for almost 2 months of combined time.
Truck has a warranty but I just can't be without a reliable vehicle. I'm considering to sell it for my payoff of around $20k, plus it's tax season time so you can get a little more for trucks right now. The truck is extremely fun to drive but just not worth the hassle. We'll see what happens though when I get it back and drive it not to mention that I met a bunch of great people from this site.
Would $20ish K be fair for an 05 with 52k miles in excellent condition inside and out? If i do decide to end up selling....

kickinassrt-10 said:
So for the 3rd time the truck is down and in the shop. My truck threw a P0470 code or something like that refering to the torque convertor. Truck was riding like ass and skipping down the road. I'm so tired of the truck lately that I'm thinking the best thing to do is put it on the market for sale again. I've only had it for a year and out of that year it's been down for almost 2 months of combined time.
Truck has a warranty but I just can't be without a reliable vehicle. I'm considering to sell it for my payoff of around $20k, plus it's tax season time so you can get a little more for trucks right now. The truck is extremely fun to drive but just not worth the hassle. We'll see what happens though when I get it back and drive it not to mention that I met a bunch of great people from this site.
Would $20ish K be fair for an 05 with 52k miles in excellent condition inside and out? If i do decide to end up selling....
:itsme: ...Turn the wick-down a little..:aetsch:

I know it's fun to run-and-stomp your baby, but you got that SCT-Programmer to hot on the tq/converter...

tranny will continue to go south :(

You can buy a milder tune.... or UP the ante on the rebuild..:elefant:
Quick

Last edited:
only vehicle i know of everything has to upgraded to drive normal im having my share of agravation on my truck calipers,lines, sub amp popping out of reverse,im afraid to drive it something else will go wrong.effin dodge.

if you just leave them stock - then you be better off

good luck

This is why stock is the best option........

You will never be disappointed

Smokey-tranny was rebuilt and truck was down for a month am month after I bought it.

Pops this truck is testingy limits with all the problems lately. My brother had am 06 hemi and had so many problems. He warned me....lol

viper and Jeff stock looks like what it's
going to be. Although I have not got tough or beat
on the truck In a long time. Mostly at the track which haven't been in several months.

Last edited:
Sorry Man!

These trucks are such a hard thing to pefect past stock

I wish you the best on whichever direction you go, even if it means being srt-10lesss

wish there was something I could say to help you feel better

Jeff

Buy a beater and keep the truck. If it weren't for my company vehicle, there would be no way I would still have mine.

Man, keep it stock if it's a daily driver.

I keep mine stock and it's a garage queen.

I've put 3,000 miles on it in the last year. I still have it scheduled for the Viper slave conversion next winter. The slave leaks now which pisses me off at 11k miles on the clock. What are you gonna do? Anything dependable completely is just no fun??

Kick- I just bought a 2001 Ford F250 Diesel to daily drive now. My transmission is being built with Red Eagle Clutches, Kevlar bands, Upgraded Valvebody, Billet TC, and bigger trans cooler. If you built your tranny back to factory specs, and you beat on it, it will break again. Im pretty sure there are a few tranny builders everyone here with QC's can recommend.....I believe Dusty will send you a built one then you send him your core that way there is little to no down time (check on that, I dont want to speak for him) I broke my TC, see my thread "Took out my auto tranny" in the performance mods section. Dont sell the truck if you can, find something you can tool around in, and use the 10 for recreational purposes.

Fahrenheit said:
Kick- I just bought a 2001 Ford F250 Diesel to daily drive now. My transmission is being built with Red Eagle Clutches, Kevlar bands, Upgraded Valvebody, Billet TC, and bigger trans cooler. If you built your tranny back to factory specs, and you beat on it, it will break again. Im pretty sure there are a few tranny builders everyone here with QC's can recommend.....I believe Dusty will send you a built one then you send him your core that way there is little to no down time (check on that, I dont want to speak for him) I broke my TC, see my thread "Took out my auto tranny" in the performance mods section. Dont sell the truck if you can, find something you can tool around in, and use the 10 for recreational purposes.
Mine is stock for the most part. Just tuned exhaust and intake.

The tranny was rebuilt and upgraded with all billet parts and added clutch packs. I didn't upgrade tq convertor it was just reconditioned. My tranny is not the problem it's the tq.convertor which threw a code.

Te poblem with these trucks is that dodge engineers have good intentions...they are jut such cheap bastards and didn't think it through. The truck is basically a 1500 with a Viper engine and big wheels. They modified a diesel tranny and used a lot of 1500 parts not considering the consequences of how fast they will wear.

Last edited:
kickinassrt-10 said:
Mine is stock for the most part. Just tuned exhaust and intake.

The tranny was rebuilt and upgraded with all billet parts and added clutch packs. I didn't upgrade tq convertor it was just reconditioned. My tranny is not the problem it's the tq.convertor which threw a code.

Te poblem with these trucks is that dodge engineers have good intentions...they are jut such cheap bastards and didn't think it through. The truck is basically a 1500 with a Viper engine and big wheels. They modified a diesel tranny and used a lot of 1500 parts not considering the consequences of how fast they will wear.

The real SRT10 engineers where sent kicking and screaming when instructed to "Viper" a quad cab. Deep down you know its just wasn't the right thing to do...:rock:

when you put your bread and butter in another vehicle (viper engine)at least make it a quality product.i love my truck but cmon its low milage and every month something comes up via stock parts problem they should have let jtsvp do all the mods instead of srt division.amen

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back