4 link rear suspension

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After I'm done with the meth install I'm really considering going with a 4 link rear suspension as my next mod. I know that there are a few guys on here that have gone this route. I'm looking for a pre-fabbed kit rather than having one custom made. Why try to reinvent the wheel. I know that there is one that uses air bags, but I would really prefer to use the coilovers. Can you guys tell me what are my options (manufactures that make these kits) and pros and cons (coilovers vs. air bags). All I seem to find are 4 links for off road trucks.

Alston Manufacturing, Chris Alston used to have a kick ass pre fab 4 link, if they are still in business.

one thing i learned when i was doing air ride.. you can have 2 orf the same trucks but they are both diffrent and this isn't a place you want to mess up on....go with a 1 off set up with a builder/fabricator you can trust

This is what I'm considering. It's designed for a Chevy but will work on our trucks. They'll send the kit with different brackets that would make it work. You would have to use a fuel cell if you mount it inboard of the frame. This will allow you to run a 16 wide tire. In my case, I was looking into the Pirelli 405/25/24's.

4CBO-C71_AT-01.jpg

WLB-C71_AT.jpg

This setup would not work well on our trucks as it will not transfer the weight and you cannot set an instant center with it.

blackviper said:
This is what I'm considering. It's designed for a Chevy but will work on our trucks. They'll send the kit with different brackets that would make it work. You would have to use a fuel cell if you mount it inboard of the frame. This will allow you to run a 16 wide tire. In my case, I was looking into the Pirelli 405/25/24's.

4CBO-C71_AT-01.jpg

WLB-C71_AT.jpg

your gonna need HD links that will withstand the trq of our trucks , the ones from such as air baggit will not work they will fail quickly,
it will have to be a custom set up

black pearl said:
What setup would you suggest Jack:dontknow:

To get something that works it really needs to be custom fabricated by a good chasis builder. I have a 4 link in the silver truck, pics below.
These pics were taken before things were painted and powder coated.
The Koni coilovers are not yet installed in these pics.

Attachments

• PICT0068 (2).JPG
    PICT0068 (2).JPG
    744.5 KB · Views: 24,338
  • PICT0067 (2).JPG
    PICT0067 (2).JPG
    737.4 KB · Views: 24,461
  • PICT0066 (2).JPG
    PICT0066 (2).JPG
    632.3 KB · Views: 2,835
  • PICT0065.JPG
    PICT0065.JPG
    786.4 KB · Views: 5,729
  • PICT0064 (2).JPG
    PICT0064 (2).JPG
    734.5 KB · Views: 8,551
  • PICT0063.JPG
    PICT0063.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 981
  • PICT0062.JPG
    PICT0062.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 11,148
Hey Jack, do you know if he made jigs when he manufactured yours? Just curious. Maybe he could sell this setup as a kit.

FSTJACK said:
To get something that works it really needs to be custom fabricated by a good chasis builder. I have a 4 link in the silver truck, pics below.
The Koni coilovers are installed in these pics.
shit that set up looks like it cost 2X my engine build:rock: Very Nice:burnout:

FSTJACK said:

WOW! Now thats how it should be done!:rock: Your builders know their stuff Jack! Two thumbs up! What's with the square tubing for behind the diff,just a spacer for where the coil overs are going? :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

blackviper said:
Hey Jack, do you know if he made jigs when he manufactured yours? Just curious. Maybe he could sell this setup as a kit.

If a guy was able to get the tubular piece that the front 4-link and the front wishbone connects to, it wouldnt be that hard to do. That tube would be the toughest piece to build. The rest of it is just measuring and welding.

FSTJACK said:

Damn, every time I see that four-link I can only see about $30k worth of traction work...

Simply Incredible!

Unfortunately a 4 link is one of those things that you should not cut corners on. It is not very difficult to end up with something that performs worse than what we already have.

Also like Stinker said, pretty much any off the shelf deal will not hold up to the power our trucks put down. This is especially true if you have done enough mods to actually need a 4 link. Those kits are designed to make normal pickups ride/tow better, not necessarily to improve traction.

Tooloe said:
one thing i learned when i was doing air ride.. you can have 2 orf the same trucks but they are both diffrent and this isn't a place you want to mess up on....go with a 1 off set up with a builder/fabricator you can trust

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

i have customer looking to have me build a similar setup, what shock did you use and were you happy with its performance?

i have customer looking to have me build a similar setup, what shock did you use and were you happy with its performance?

I think the only 4 link setup that we know of on the street is a member TinyGiants you might try sending him a PM, if you do end up going ahead with it post some pics up:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back