5.6# pulley makes 7#'s of boost

bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.6# makes 7#'s.

I installed the 7.16# pulley and I almost made 10#'s.

And the needle flutters, thats normal right.

Why is the boost so much higher then advertised?:dontknow:

bigike said:
5.6# makes 7#'s.

I installed the 7.16# pulley and I almost made 10#'s.

And the needle flutters, thats normal right.

Why is the boost so much higher then advertised?:dontknow:

I've seen mine make 8-9psi on the 5.6# pulley:dontknow:

My 5.6 pumped out 7 LBs.......the 10 LB on it now pumps out 9.3 LBs...but may be due to the heads being ported when I went to the 10..

IF your heads are stock and you increase the boost you will see boost creep in the upper rpms. A whole lot of creep is not good. Just a little bit is no big deal.
I have the 10 pound pulley on my car and stock heads. My boost will very slowly creep up to 11 pounds if I wind out the rpms to 6000.

I have the 10lbs pulley on mine with stock heads and hits 9.8lbs and stays there.

Another factor is elevation.

Example: on my old Paxton kit I ran a 2.62 pulley. At Sea Level I ran 12psi. Up here in the Nose Bleed City at 5500' Above Sea Level I only get 10psi with an occassional spike of 11psi...

Lot's things factor in to gain boost.

And as STINKER stated, be sure to retune if you are getting more boost...

Probably muffler flutter. When's the last time you changed out the bearings?

Stinker said:
changing the pulley without changing the tune could cause some probs, be careful unless your pockets are deep;)

LOL no deep ones here.............yet:)

I put the new 7.16#'er on to see if it tracked the same as the 5.xx did. One WOT pull half way trough second and that was it.

AFR still stayed ultra safe...........METH!

Then I took it off maybe in a year................... No in a year that will be the 10lb'er.

Who wants a 7.16 lb pulley? Donate the money to a Noble cause going on right now.......... Is that clutch paid for yet?

blackviper said:
I have the 10lbs pulley on mine with stock heads and hits 9.8lbs and stays there.

Maybe this is the ultra super special stuff that 1fast400 had done. Maybe 1fastsblower was a super secret ultra dopeolishous madtabulous blower that makes 2 more #'s per pulley..............:) Tony you might have to apologize to mike :) LOL

bigike said:
LOL no deep ones here.............yet:)

I put the new 7.16#'er on to see if it tracked the same as the 5.xx did. One WOT pull half way trough second and that was it.

AFR still stayed ultra safe...........METH!

Then I took it off maybe in a year................... No in a year that will be the 10lb'er.

Who wants a 7.16 lb pulley? Donate the money to a Noble cause going on right now.......... Is that clutch paid for yet?

How much do you want for the pulley?:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back