66 Plymouth Sport Fury Viper Swap

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Finished this swap recently, was quite the project for sure. Not a show car, just a fun cruiser with a wow factor when you pop the hood. Thanks to Chris Jensen on the PCM changes to run as a standalone. We did the rest in house, engine install, making the stock shifter and gas pedal work, all the wiring, converting the steering system to a front steer rack setup while retaining the stock column, heavily modified oil pan, etc. etc. Very happy with the results, ready for car cruises and burnout competitions now! Short video on my facebook page too:

https://www.facebook.com/JMB-Performance-Powdercoat-LLC-108957285798945/

Attachments

• IMG_9547.JPG
    IMG_9547.JPG
    638.8 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_9550.JPG
    IMG_9550.JPG
    604.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_9553.JPG
    IMG_9553.JPG
    561.2 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_9555.JPG
    IMG_9555.JPG
    612.6 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_8510.JPG
    IMG_8510.JPG
    603.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_8521.JPG
    IMG_8521.JPG
    539 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_8524.JPG
    IMG_8524.JPG
    490.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_8769.JPG
    IMG_8769.JPG
    663 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_9209.JPG
    IMG_9209.JPG
    430 KB · Views: 198
Damn that's sexy. Bet the exhaust note leaves people guessing when this beast rolls by. Awesome project

Thanks guys, it runs pretty good, definitely a burnout king even with the 3.23 gears.
Justin

Nice job, looks like it belongs there...

That's awesome. One year off, would've been fun to incorporate the push button shifting haha.

Finished this swap recently, was quite the project for sure. Not a show car, just a fun cruiser with a wow factor when you pop the hood. Thanks to Chris Jensen on the PCM changes to run as a standalone. We did the rest in house, engine install, making the stock shifter and gas pedal work, all the wiring, converting the steering system to a front steer rack setup while retaining the stock column, heavily modified oil pan, etc. etc. Very happy with the results, ready for car cruises and burnout competitions now! Short video on my facebook page too:

https://www.facebook.com/JMB-Performance-Powdercoat-LLC-108957285798945/

That's awesome! I've been seriously considering doing something similar with a project car and I had a couple questions after seeing this:

1. What transmission did you use?
2. You mentioned PCM changes to run standalone, what were those?

Seeing the oil pan modifications was great, that's something I'm pretty sure I'll have to do but after seeing the level of changes you had to make I don't feel so bad :drool:

That's awesome! I've been seriously considering doing something similar with a project car and I had a couple questions after seeing this:

1. What transmission did you use?
2. You mentioned PCM changes to run standalone, what were those?

Seeing the oil pan modifications was great, that's something I'm pretty sure I'll have to do but after seeing the level of changes you had to make I don't feel so bad :drool:

Its a stock 48RE out of a 05 QC, on the PCM, there were hardware and software changes made to turn off all the faults.

Id love to see the interior

Its all stock except a tow/haul button

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back