A little help..."PLEASE"

WOLFRAM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I've found 2 of possibly 3 leaks.

This is one the '04 RC I purchased from "Bikertat".

It looks like one of them is what is causing the overheating, (big bubbles & burping in the radiator) looks like a blown head gasket.:rolleyes:

The red fluid was coming from a crack in the tubing lines on the rack&pinion. Unfortunately buy the time I found it, the driver side seal must have failed, because fluid started pouring out of the boot as fast as I was putting it in.
But, Mike said the new rack had been installed by a certified mechanic. If it was then it should have a one year warranty on parts & labor, so no worries there.:dontknow:

Still haven't found where the motor oil is coming from (fine mist on passenger side). I'm thinking it's the Accusump. I was going to remove it and the S/C anyway to look for leaks, not that much more work to go for the headgasket.:rolleyes:

Here's where I need the help.

Are any of these gaskets reusable? Which ones will I need to purchase (separately or kit)?

Also, I'm going to it back together as close to stock as possible (to minimize conflict at the dealership when I take it in for the "Rack").

So, does anyone have a set of valve covers and possibly intake & thermostat housing for sale, trade, or loan? :eek: (will post this in more detail in the "WANTED" section)

Last edited:
Since I don't know, which vehicle are you talking about?

Bill.

Sorry, Corrected.

The "July TOTM" I bought from "Bikertat", It is suffering from garage sickness.

In my opinion, I would use all new gaskets just to be sure. I know it's a bit of an expense but then you don't have to worry about it later.

Bill.

Also there was a member posting some of the parts you talk about in the for sale part of the forum.

Bill.

Begood said:
In my opinion, I would use all new gaskets just to be sure. I know it's a bit of an expense but then you don't have to worry about it later.

Bill.

Definitely, but the stock exhaust & intake would be temporary, until the "rack" is repaired.

Then the headers & powder coated parts will go back on.

I may have a stock thermostat laying around. I went with the cooler one suggested from DC Performance on blower applications.

I definately have a stock T-stat sitting in my garage. Nothing is wrong with it, I just changed it because of the SCT.. You're welcomed to have it if you need it.

Darin,

Since you've gone or going through the trouble of replacing gaskets I would purchase bronze gaskets which a virtually indestructable and are reuseable. I have a set of stock exhaust manifolds which are heavy as F*%$. Don't know what shipping will be, but do think it would be pretty expensive. Let me know if you want them.

Alex

Man, what are you doing in my head?

I was just about to ask about better gaskets. More info. please, where can I get a set?
What about intake & exhaust?

I have the complete stock exhaust system that came off this one, thanks for the offer.

Did you get the message about the E-mail?

Yeah, I just been busy as hell at work. Now I have to get all work crap together and completed by Friday this week cause I got to go to Honolulu for work (emergency:( ). I wanna go on this trip like I need another hole in my head; flying coach on booked solid flight from MIA to LAX in a middle seat is going to be fucking lovely :mad:. Hopefully, I could get an aisle seat through one of my airline contections. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a better seat.

As far as the gaskets go you could purchase them from Doug Levin here in FL
305-269-7223. Tell him Alex with the Silver Ram SRT 10 referred you to him.

WOLFRAM said:
So far I've found 2 of possibly 3 leaks.

This is one the '04 RC I purchased from "Bikertat".

It looks like one of them is what is causing the overheating, (big bubbles & burping in the radiator) looks like a blown head gasket.:rolleyes:

The red fluid was coming from a crack in the tubing lines on the rack&pinion. Unfortunately buy the time I found it, the driver side seal must have failed, because fluid started pouring out of the boot as fast as I was putting it in.
But, Mike said the new rack had been installed by a certified mechanic. If it was then it should have a one year warranty on parts & labor, so no worries there.:dontknow:

Still haven't found where the motor oil is coming from (fine mist on passenger side). I'm thinking it's the Accusump. I was going to remove it and the S/C anyway to look for leaks, not that much more work to go for the headgasket.:rolleyes:

Here's where I need the help.

Are any of these gaskets reusable? Which ones will I need to purchase (separately or kit)?

Also, I'm going to it back together as close to stock as possible (to minimize conflict at the dealership when I take it in for the "Rack").

So, does anyone have a set of valve covers and possibly intake & thermostat housing for sale, trade, or loan? :eek: (will post this in more detail in the "WANTED" section)

I have valve covers, thermostat housing and stat that I never returned to Justin @ JMB to get my core charge back - If you pay me the same as JMB $300 + $70 + N/C for stat + shipping they are yours. Excellent condition off brand new 2006 QC with less than 1000 miles before switch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back