A possible fix for the aggressive driver?

dnz28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During a few laps at a small practice set up in a parking lot, I notice my steering getting heavy and its not my arms, later i discover my power steering line seeping again(2times replaced) also during that time my engine temps where higher then usual. So i let the truck cool down and same thing once i got few laps moving. i made some stainless steel braided powersteering lines. Also i bypassed the cooling fan and added a powersteering cooler. Started it up and the powersteering doesnt wine as much but i cant really test the system till my electric fans show up tuesday. Has anyone else ran into the heavy steering problem?

yep have felt the heavy feelin of the steerin tryin to make quick turns.
flushed the p/s system with fresh juice & helped alot.
thought they all ready had a cooler for p/s????

Happens to mine also, but haven't done anything about it yet.

they do,(most all trucks do now) but if you look at the location no air can get to it so its pointless, kinda like are tubing that goes to cool the brakes its got a giant steel bar that runs across blocking the air making them only eye candy. i kept the old cooler and added a giant b&m tranny cooler for th powersteering(once i get motivatedi might remove the old cooler ). I might even brake out the grinder and chop the bumper to my liking.

sounds like another variation on theme. good luck.:rock: :rock: :rock:

nice web site walbert:congrats: :rock: :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back