? ABOUT NOS

stick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys some more dumb ?

whats the difference between a wet and dry shot?
whats the difference in a 75 shot to 100 shot, what is being measured ?
will too big of a shot kill youre truck?
How does the nitrous effect the engine, i know it goes in the air intake but what does it do after that?

stick said:
ok guys some more dumb ?

whats the difference between a wet and dry shot?
whats the difference in a 75 shot to 100 shot, what is being measured ?
will too big of a shot kill youre truck?
How does the nitrous effect the engine, i know it goes in the air intake but what does it do after that?

A wet shot uses a fuel solenoid and a seperate jet to control the amount of fuel. A dry shot will usually increase the injector pulses to add more fuel. A wet shot almost always makes more HP and TQ than a similar sized dry shot.

The # 75 or 100 is the advertised amount of HP gain from that "shot"

Too big of a shot will burn holes in your pistons, etc. Most SRT people consider a 150 shot to be about max, but some have gone to 200 or so.

N20 adds oxygen content to the inlet air, which is why more fuel is needed. N20 is a great power adder, but requires caution and common sense to use safely and properly.

Justin

thankyou justin,,, i am the guy who called you about the air intake last week. i will be giving you a call about a week before i get off this boat to order that , the oil can and youre traction device as long as the come with install instructions.

as for the nos I was just curious , i have a friend that says i need to get it but i just dont know any thing about it

Slight clerification.

This is probably just terminology but Free oxygen is released in the combustion process not into the inlet air.

Also when NOS is sprayed it has a very great heat of vaporization, when it changes from a liquid to a gas, this cools the intake charge, hence more power is made than is theoretically possible by adding NOS and fuel alone.

Heat of vaporization is the amount of heat energy that can be absorbed.

FSTJACK said:
This is probably just terminology but Free oxygen is released in the combustion process not into the inlet air.

Also when NOS is sprayed it has a very great heat of vaporization, when it changes from a liquid to a gas, this cools the intake charge, hence more power is made than is theoretically possible by adding NOS and fuel alone.

Heat of vaporization is the amount of heat energy that can be absorbed.

Simple explanation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Nitrous Oxide (N2O) by itself is not flammable.
2. N2O cools the intake air making the air denser thereby allowing the cylinder to pull more air in which makes more HP.
3. A wet system sprays additional fuel to richen the denser air charge to further make HP.
4. The different jet sizes just spray more N2O/Fuel to have a larger cooling/Richening effect. The jet sizes are estimated HP gains.

Last edited:
I'm only spraying a 125shot on it right now but the truck seems to love it. No detanation, good a/f and the Zex kit is working flawlessly. I dont see why you couldnt spray a 200 shot on a stock truck. That would put it around 600rwhp which is kinda the limit for the stock pistons.

I also have a question....

How big of a "shot" is it when you forget to put the pill in the hose. :dontknow: :eek: (I did this on accident one night with a Civic we had at the shop... :p It was the coolest frickin' thing I've ever driven, for about 5 seconds. :D :rock: ) We always wondered how much HP we had for those 5 seconds. :dontknow: :D :2in1:

NOS is like a hot chick with a STD. You want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.

Last edited:
Black1 said:
I also have a question....

How big of a "shot" is it when you forget to put the pill in the hose. :dontknow: :eek: (I did this on accident one night with a Civic we had at the shop... :p It was the coolest frickin' thing I've ever driven, for about 5 seconds. :D :rock: ) We always wondered how much HP we had for those 5 seconds. :dontknow: :D :2in1:

That's a 6,969 SHOT. You can do it once.

NOS will not hurt your engine at all if you use 150 or lower pills. The wet system is the best, but the dry system is cheaper and easier to install.

i have about 30 passes on a 150 shot and no issues here.....yet! I'd want to verify adequate fuel pressure and pull some timing before putting in the 200 pills!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back